- Have sufficient experience in strategically managing high-profile real estate and infrastructure projects.
- Minimum educational qualification of a B.Sc., HND, B.Tech. in Quantity Surveyor courses in the built environment
- Membership of relevant professional associations in addition to an accredited project management certification is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience in managing construction projects.
- Have experience in site health and safety.
- Have good administrative skills and attention to detail.
- Be self-motivated and committed to achieving individual and team goals and targets.
- Be proficient in using Microsoft Products including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Have the ability to effectively work within a team or on his/her own and motivate others using effective leadership qualities and style.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Be confident and able to deal with complaints and people at all levels professionally including other professionals, subcontractors, suppliers, and artisans.
- Be proficient in developing accurate and concise Risk Analysis and Management Systems (RAMS) and advising on amendments.
- Have sound knowledge of building materials, machines, and tools within the construction industry, including their designs and uses.
- Have proven track record in maximizing project value and profit whilst delivering high quality and standard of service
- Must be able to drive with a valid Driver’s Licence
- Ensure that projects meet predetermined specifications and ensure that RPL’s projects objectives are achieved.
- Ensure full compliance with all standards, measurements, specifications, and regulations.
- Coordinating all construction work on sites
- Ensuring projects run to schedule and on budget.
- Managing schedules and programs of work, and finding solutions to problems that may cause delays, such as the late arrival of materials, etc,
- Playing a major role in pre-site and on-site meetings with a range of professionals who work to ensure projects are delivered successfully.
- Effectively working with various people and departments including Engineers, Contractors, Site Foremen, Subcontractors, and reports on a regular basis to the MD/CEO, to ensure that the project is delivered as planned.
- Maintaining strict quality control procedures - this necessitates regular testing of materials, visual inspections of work, and frequent tours of the sites.
- Arranging and assisting in conducting regular sites safety checks.
- Supervise delivery and issuance of materials on sites through the Store Keeper.
- Managing quality and waste on sites.
- Understand and communicate sites procedure and ensure they are adhered to.
- Ensuring that any environmental issues relating to construction on sites are appropriately dealt with.
- Conducting periodic projects performance reviews and appraisals
- Managing worker's quality of work on sites, attendances, and punctuality levels.
- Accurately preparing reports and documents as required by the Management.
- Carrying out all daily administrative functions in a timely manner from sites or head office (if required).
- Being commercially aware and liaising with the management on any possible business opportunity for the company whilst working on a site.
- Maintaining a cordial relationship with the host communities and regulatory authorities.
- Carry out any other reasonable duty as and when required to ensure successful delivery.
Location: Lagos is the operational base but projects needing attention can be located anywhere
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.