- Ensure that all construction activities within the designated areas are well planned, coordinate by being able to utilise all available resources in coordination with other line managers/supervisors towards galvanizing them for the attainment of project goals.
- Leads and ensures that all workgroups are property guided, in close cooperation with the Project Manager, in assembling and controlling the required resources (manpower, equipment, materials and tools) required for commencing and sustaining the work efficiency and productivity until the completion of the project.
- Inspect work-in-progress to ensure conformity with consultant’s specifications and requirements. Industry codes, standards and procedures, and provides technical advice to resolve problems.
- Advises the Project Manager in determining and procurement of tools and materials to be delivered at specific times in order to conform to the workloads, plans and schedules.
- Interact with other construction superintendents and line managers, discusses and reviews with the Project Manager the project Key Performance indicators to determine an accurate status of the project, making a tactical decision for allocating resources, and assigning staff requirements, to maintain the project on target.
- Reviews reports from Superintendents and forwards to Project Manager for corrective actions if the project is behind schedule or above budget
- Reviews with Engineering team and sub-contractors to assess quality, progress, and overall all performance.
- Ensure the highest standard of safety is maintained throughout the project duration
Qualification and Personal Attributes:
- The ideal candidate must possess at least a bachelor’s degree or HND in Structural Engineering or a related field, though possession of a relevant Master’s degree will be an advantage.
- Must have at least 7 years of hands-on experience in the Building Construction industry.
- Must be COREN certified.
- Must be able to work within a team towards the attainment of corporate objectives
- Must be knowledgeable in AutoCAD, MS Office and MS Project
- Must be ready to work long hours and work well under pressure to meet deadlines and take responsibility for any delays in the deliverables.