Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate and corporate with business teams to ensure implementation of the compliance processes and culture as delegated by the Head of Compliance.
- Ensuring compliance with AML/CFT requirements; in particular, account activity reviews and investigations to identify unusual and suspicious patterns.
- Establish and maintain relationships with external regulators & statutory agencies.
- Regularly audit company procedures, practices, and documents to identify possible weaknesses or risks.
- Carrying out technology-driven transaction monitoring and reporting processes.
- Identifying and escalating suspicious transaction reports for investigations for approval by the CCO for filing to the FIU.
- Ensure the filing of relevant regulatory returns
- Utilizing technology and various investigative tools for KYC monitoring to ensure regulatory alignment.
- Monitor customer risk classification via an electronic tool.
- Ability to support the Head of Compliance to review products and services of the Bank to ensure that ML/TF risks have been identified and mitigants built-in.
- Support expansion for new payments product launches by scoping, defining, and communicating product and compliance requirements
- Participate in preparing the compliance team records for periodic audits of the compliance function.
- Create and circulate compliance awareness slides to inform business units of their compliance responsibilities.
- Ensure due diligence is performed on customers, with Enhanced due diligence being implemented for high-risk customers.
- Ensure all employees are educated on the latest regulations and processes.
- Evaluating business objectives and regulatory developments, and propose compliance solutions within the bank's risk tolerance and regulatory requirements
- Anticipate changes in regulatory regimes and implement the appropriate changes with our policy and procedure owners
- Reviews bank policy changes for compliance issues prior to final design and implementation.
- Ensure compliance with ethics policy and implementation of whistleblowing.
- Oversee fraud investigations involving customer accounts and recovery of funds and coordinate investigations with appropriate internal resources and external investigation and enforcement officials.
- Conduct internal investigations of employee activities where there are violations of bank policy or regulation.
Education and Experience:
- Experience of 1 - 4 years. Also, experience in applicable payments, card networks, agent banking, and money transmission rules and regulations.
- Membership of any compliance institution such as ICA, ACAMS, and CIN is an advantage.
- Compliance training done with the ICA, ACAMS, CIBN, NIBSS, FITC and the like would be an added advantage.
- Transaction monitoring and reporting.
- KYC Monitoring and reporting.
- A fundamental understanding of payments fraud, with the associated metrics and technologies.
- Basic to medium level knowledge of local and Global AML Compliance and Banking regulations
- Basic knowledge of Customer Risk assessment and Compliance Risk Management
- SQL, Data science knowledge is an added advantage.
- A track record of following through on commitments
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel,
- Good planning, organizational, and time management skills to close out assigned tasks.
- Contribute to other needs within the Compliance team as may be required from time to time