Other responsibilities of the company’s dispatch rider may include but are not restricted to the following;
- Assist in loading and unloading the company’s merchandise.
- Precisely fill out all paper works connected with the conveyance of such merchandise.
- Guarantee the safety and protection of merchandise and staff entrusted.
- Ensure compliance with the company’s policies in discharging your duties.
- Ensure timely conveyance of the company’s goods.
- Ensure proper and periodic general inspection and maintenance of the company’s motorcycle (this may include regular washing and cleaning of company motorcycle, a regular check of all motorcycle parts, changing of motorcycle oil at an appropriate time, refuelling of the motorcycle etc.).
- To properly lock the motorcycle when not in use.
- Recognize and report all electrical, mechanical, and other faults as identified to the management.
- Report any case of accident, injury, or damage of company motorcycle to the appropriate authority (Management).
- Ensure to acquire all legal documentation associated with the execution of your daily duties such as driver’s license, etc.
- Ensure to observe all safety driving-related policies and guidelines to ensure the consistent safety of merchandise and motorcycle.
- Keep all records such as receipts and other documents from repairs and maintenance.
- Ensure that the assigned motorcycle is used for authorized assignments and is in good working condition.
- Plan and ply the most efficient and secured routes for making deliveries.
- To always protect the image of the company in your conduct.
- Perform all other duties as may be specified and assigned by the management.
Expected Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong driving record
- Navigation Abilities
- Customer service
- Basic maintenance knowledge
- Physical fitness and strength
- Efficiency and time-management
- Problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of safety regulations and traffic laws
- The candidate must possess any of the following: BSc / HND / ND / O’level
- Must have a valid driver's license