- Leads company accounting tasks to ensure accurate record-keeping, company-wide compliance with company’s financial policies, approval of financial transactions, customer invoicing and vendor payments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Approval of every single financial transaction that does not meet the standard pricing or discounting policy approved for vendors and customers.
- Creation of multiple wire transfers for Management approval and assigning each transaction under the accurate expense account on a daily basis.
- Daily updating of Account transactions and ledger on the Company file using the Online Accounting Software.
- Daily recording of all revenue generated by each company department and updating the Daily Progress Charts at the close of business each day for display in the office locations.
- Evaluating the revenue generated on a daily basis and ensuring the percentages set aside for planned expenses are internally transferred to the assigned accounts no later than the next day.
- Management of Multiple bank accounts created for specific purposes and ensuring the daily contributions from sales go to those accounts.
- Management of Imprest for all departments and uploading of receipts for purchases, cheques and expenses.
- Managing Employee Commission Structure and ensuring sales made by employees are properly tagged to their accounts.
- Establish complete price-lists for company products and services.
- Review and approve purchase orders made by various departments and ensure they meet the current pricing as per records kept by the accountant.
- Manage Attendance records and prepare monthly payroll according to hours worked for each employee.
- Ensure compliance with Taxes, Levies and all other fees, dues and subscriptions payable to various beneficiaries.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- This job regularly interacts with the Business Development Managers, Heads of Departments, Cashiers, Sales Officers, Company Owners, vendors and some store location personnel.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Undergraduate Degree in BSc Accounting and one year experience.
- A relevant degree with 3 years verifiable experience in accounting is also acceptable.
- Proficiency in either Sage, Quickbooks, Zoho or Freshbooks. Demonstration of your proficiency is one of the deciding factors for employment.
- Ability to communicate eloquently in spoken English. Any additional languages are a bonus.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages manually.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not regularly required to work standing for extended periods of time or all day. May be required to moves and lift up to 5kg. Seldom bends and crouches to access cabinets. Occasionally unloads files and records up to 5kg.
- Occasionally puts files away on multi-level shelving up to 2kg.
- Regularly required to use hands/fingers to operate computers, and access machine and telephones.
- Regularly required to use hands/fingers to operate small hand tools necessary to repair equipment.
- Regularly speaks and listens on the phone and in person, to a customer and fellow employees.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, colour vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not regularly exposed to water, direct sunlight, cleaning agents, moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions in the process of banking or visiting office locations.
- The employee is not exposed to vibration. The noised level in the work environment is relatively moderate.
- Regularly work Mondays – Saturdays & Holidays.
- The employee is on call for any incidents that occur in regard to financing or staffing that arises during & after hours or on the weekends.
- The employee regularly works an average of 60 hours per week and occasionally attends meetings after normal business hours.
- Travel between locations.