- To help build, grow and manage the company's or brand's online communities. Using analytics tools to monitor social media outlets, online forums and blogs, the community manager finds out what people are saying about a company or brand.
- Manage the process of building a technology community.
- Act as the bridge between the company and the community (we are trying to create).
- Articulate the vision of the technology hub.
- Manage social media accounts.
- Provide engaging text, image, and video content for social media accounts.
- Respond to comments and customer queries in a timely manner.
- Monitor and report on feedback and online reviews.
- Organize and participate in events to build community and boost brand awareness.
Skills, Abilities, and knowledge:
- Have deep knowledge of information and communication technology.
- Be willing to listen and be confident that we are hearing what they are saying.
- Able to communicate the knowledge effectively in writing.
- Able to work with others to gain assistance in dealing with content creating and a host of other items.
- Able to identify and track relevant community metrics (e.g. repeat attendance at events).
- Personable to the point of being able to generate a loyal audience.
- Act as the brand's ambassador, engaging with potential customers and building relationships with existing ones.
- Able to interpret website traffic and online customer engagement metrics.
Education & Experience:
- Experience as a Technology Community Manager.
- Experience in launching community initiatives (e.g. building an online forum, launching an ambassador program, creating an event series and writing an email newsletter).
- Experience with social media management for brands.
- Tertiary education in Marketing (or relevant field) and a good knowledge of Information Technology.