The previous phase delivered support focusing on:
- Component 1: Support to the Independent National Electoral Commission
- Component 2: Support to the National Assembly
- Component 3: Support to Political Parties
- Component 4: Support to Media
- Component 5: Support to Civil Society Organisations
This upcoming project will provide technical services in support of the implementation of the programme’s next phase, with a specific focus on Component 1, targeted at the Electoral Management Body - The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), and providing overall coordination support for the broader EU-SDGN II programme.
Duration: 60 months (01/05/2022 – 30/04/2027)
The Expert will provide technical leadership of all communications work under the contract. This will involve:
- Working with INEC, the EU Delegation, and other EU-SDGN II Implementing Partners to ensure joined-up communications across all components, in accordance with EU Visibility Guidelines;
- Supporting/leading on the organisation of conferences and seminars;
- Designing and managing awareness-raising campaigns to foster public involvement and participation in democratic processes; and
- Media monitoring and institutional communication for public outreach.
Qualifications and Skills:
- A post-graduate degree in the areas of communications, marketing, arts, social sciences, or other specialisation relevant to the assignment.
- Excellent written and oral communication in English.
- Fluency / advanced knowledge in other local languages of Nigeria will be an asset.
- Extensive professional experience leading project/programme communications.
- Extensive experience in leading awareness-raising campaigns.
- Proven experience in project/programme communications.
- Proven experience in the development and management of awareness-raising campaigns, working with media, civil society, and other thematic stakeholders.
- Proven experience in media monitoring / institutional communication for public outreach.
- Relevant communications / awareness-raising experience in the area of democratic governance will be a significant asset.
- Relevant experience on EU-funded projects / EU Visibility Guidelines will be an asset.
- Experience in communications to bolster women and youth’s involvement and participation in democratic processes will be an asset;
- Relevant experience in West Africa (working with INEC in Nigeria in particular) will be a significant asset.