- Develop and steer the implementation of a communication and visibility plan for the project.
- Develop and implement innovative and effective communication/media strategies and integrate strategies with the initiatives of the project. In particular, develop and implement an online and social- media communication strategy, including the management of the NGC social media platform (eg. Facebook, Startfinder)
- Document, package and disseminate knowledge synthesized from project activities and implementation in formats useful to diverse stakeholders; in particular regularly develop content for the internet and social- media presence of the project in close coordination with the Coordinators and Team Leader.
- Write and document project achievements, success stories and support the development of case studies about interventions and results.
- Document relevant experiences, lessons learned, and best practices.
- Coordinate communication to the media, such as press conferences, media interviews, and briefings in close coordination with the Team Leader.
- Support editing of articles, development of press releases, publications and ensure consistency in design of publications.
- Coordinate and ensure that project communication outputs are published and circulated widely among stakeholders, partners, and donors.
- Contract and manage communication external service providers (e.g. graphic design, printing, photography and videography, web- content development)
- Provide quality assurance for all communication activities, outputs and deliverables; in particular ensure consistent implementation of GIZ, communication, and visibility guidelines.
- Ensure regular coordination and cooperation on communication and visibility-related issues with other GIZ
- Ensure/coordinate the generation (including research) of knowledge required for project implementation.
- Write/edit contents for PR materials and knowledge products.
- Ensure/coordinate production of PR and knowledge products.
- Maintain the project’s information and documentation system.
- Engage in other activities assigned by the Team Leader or Coordinators.
Required qualifications, competencies, and experience Qualification:
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in communication and Media Science, Journalism, Linguistic Sciences (English), Social Sciences, or a related field of study.
- Minimum of five years professional experience in a comparable position particularly in the field of employment promotion.
Other experiences and skills:
- Strong conceptual thinking and target group-oriented communication skills
- Excellent communication skills (spoken and written) in English are required. Good knowledge of the German language is desirable.
- Excellent editing skills.
- Good working knowledge of ICT and computer applications (MS Office – Word/ Powerpoint/ Publisher, Adobe - Illustrator/Indesign/Acrobat Pro/Photoshop, etc.)
- Intercultural competence and ability to interact with an international internal and external audience;
- Sound knowledge of relationship building, relationship management, and networking.
- Self-motivated and able to work with a high degree of autonomy
- Professional experience in report writing.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong capacity for effective teamwork, high degree of flexibility, ability to work under pressure of deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Experience in working/engaging with international organizations and/or donors
- Willingness to travel in and outside the country.
You are kindly requested to submit your CV and letter of motivation as one document with complete contact details via email (Please include vacancy no. 031 in mail subject)
GIZ is an equal opportunities employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates, regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race and religion are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted