- Establish a Quality Preservation and cleanliness regime that will provide assurance that the plant and equipment will remain in good condition and operable at all stages throughout the project.
- Ensure the Quality Preservation and cleanliness regime is consistently implemented from Supplier Works through Fabrication, Installation, Commissioning, and final handover to Operations.
- Implement and Maintain a Preservation Records System to demonstrate compliance to the preservation regime and assure the integrity of plant and equipment.
- Provide Technical input and approval for Contractor Preservation and pipe cleanliness Procedures during the Construction phase, and manage the process during the Commissioning phase.
- Engage with Management, Engineering, Operations, and Commissioning to establish expectations and requirements.
- Provide coaching/mentor national and junior team members as necessary.
- Engage with the engineering team to ensure preservation requirements are clearly identified.
- Take ownership of and develop the preservation philosophy and strategy.
- Develop a suite of preservation checklists, routines, and procedures consistent with the preservation philosophy and Strategy.
- Review available databases/systems for monitoring and control of preservation regime, recommend and implement an optimal system.
- Identify and procure any additional resources/skills required to implement strategy / administer the database etc.
- Review and ensure that preservation requirements are included on Requisitions / Supplier RFQ's etc.:
- Review Supplier documentation and ensure that engineering has confirmed that preservation requirements are adequate.
- Ensure that all Supplier recommendations and requirements are incorporated into preservation procedures and project programs.
- Liaise with Engineering to determine preservation requirements for non-skid mounted plant & equipment.
- Liaise With Engineering / Vendors / Contractors to determine possible access and optimal preservation regime for all plant and equipment.
- Ensure Preservation activities are adequately estimated and allowed for within the project integrated plans / Contractors schedules etc.
- Liaise with Commissioning to ensure that critical preservation is not compromised by commissioning testing/procedures.
- Liaise with System Handover Management Process (SHMP) coordinator to establish comprehensive Tag. Database and ensure consistency between databases.
- Manage and audit main construction contractor to ensure de-preservation / re-preservation is properly implemented and recorded:
- On receipt at fabrication yard/construction site.
- On installation.
- During Commissioning.
- Recognized HNC / HND with appropriate experience.
- Demonstrable HSSE Leadership and personal commitment to Safety.
- Awareness of similar safety management systems.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the preservation and cleanliness process.
- Track record of experience gained in similar oil and gas/petrochemical/power generation related international projects, in a similar role leading to the development of the following skill sets:
- Involvement with Engineering Contractor and Suppliers in the design phase.
- Development of Preservation and Cleanliness procedures, check sheets, frequency, and tracking Commissioning Completion process.
- System Handover Process from Construction, Commissioning, and to Operations.
- Control of Work processes during execution.
- A minimum experience level of 6 years or more is required:
- SAS & HUET
- English (C-Professional working proficiency).