Your role will include key responsibilities such as:
- Accurately measuring meal ingredients for each station
- Preparing meal ingredients, which includes seasoning of different meats as well as washing, peeling, and chopping vegetables, and fruits, and other food types.
- Preparing basic salads and sauces as directed by the Chef superiors.
- Receiving deliveries and verifying that all ordered items have been delivered and are of good quality.
- Taking inventory of supplies and notifying chef supervisors of low or depleted supplies.
- Discarding all expired and spoiled food items stored in the stock rooms, refrigerators, and freezers.
- Performing basic cleaning duties and ensuring that work stations are properly sanitized.
- Collaborate with colleagues to maintain a smooth and friendly work environment
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the Sous Chef, Head Chef, and Food Producer.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Associate’s degree, diploma, or certification in Culinary Arts is advantageous.
- Proven commercial kitchen experience or internship.
- Sound knowledge of food health and safety regulations.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Effective communication skills.