Farmerline is the fastest growing Agtech company in Africa with a recent pre-Series A funding of $14 million led by Acumen Resilient Agriculture Fund (ARAF), Oikocredit and FMO, the Dutch entrepreneurial development bank and nine other global investors. We are a learning organization and you will have the chance to apply your ideas and creativity to solve problems every day. If you work well in a dynamic collaborative culture, set high standards, and meet challenges with determination and a sense of humour, you’ll thrive at Farmerline. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from all candidates. We believe that diverse perspectives help our teams to create innovative solutions and understand our global clients’ needs. In alignment with our values, we are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse global workforce without discrimination. The Commercial Manager will lead the management of all business operations including sourcing of commodities, budgeting, client and project management and input sales of the operational area. The position has 3 slots in different regions - Northern Region, Central & Southwest).
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:2 years
Revenue Generation and Farmer Impact:
- Develop, plan and implement commercial plans and strategies for the operational areas.
- Work with Sector Managers to identify and develop new potential clients, input dealers, agribusinesses and commodity sourcing etc
- Map out on a continuous basis all input market opportunities and actively match the markets to the inputs and products
- Develop weekly, monthly, quarterly & annual business reports/plans, in conjunction with Unit Heads.
- Lead the regional team through change, guide the team in troubleshooting challenges and provide strategic focus and direction in the operational area.
- Plan, execute, and monitor weekly, monthly, and quarterly work packages for the regional team with their key objectives and targets as agreed in respective performance management contracts.
- Plan for the achievement of individual and divisional targets in alignment with the strategies and policies of the company
- Lead the procurement of logistics for sourcing, storage, and distribution of farm produce and products in the operational areas, while coordinating the redistribution of inputs within the operational area.
- Gather, report, and communicate customers’ feedback on service, technology, and product delivery
- Provide support for all projects in the zones in collaboration with other units.
- Budget Management: Optimize budgets by tracking, controlling, and evaluating all expenses.
- Oversee and supervise the use and management of all company assets in the commercial zone warehouses, vehicles, etc
- Establish and manage long-term relationships with both internal and external stakeholders (customers, business partners, suppliers, etc.) This includes continuously exploring opportunities for expanding coverage into new geographical areas and sales channels of all Farmerline products
- Ensure effective communication with relevant stakeholders in a structured manner.
- Key Account & Stakeholder Management: Develop a key account management strategy with up-to-date joint execution plans for each account.
- Develop and execute customer retention strategies.
- Minimum academic qualification of a Bachelor's degree in Agricultural science, Agribusiness, Supply chain, or a related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in agriculture
- Bilingual in French and English, ability to write and speak in both languages
- Decisive and committed
- Proficient in project design, management, and M&E
- An understanding of the country’s enforcement laws and regulations
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proven experience in managing a team
Location: L'cote D;voire
Remuneration; NGN 3,000,000 (million) and it's negotiable for each region
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.