- Utilize various skip tracing techniques and collection strategies (often designed by employee) to locate right parties in order to negotiate payment arrangements on high collectibility or value accounts.
- Negotiate payment terms and methods when right party is reached. The process often requires reviewing the account information in database, and/or asking probing questions of the consumer in order to better understand potential objections to payment.
- Overcome stalls and objections & suggest money sources for debt payment.
- Utilize payment options (credit cards, direct checks) and secure this information so that administrative services can process.
- Negotiate settlements outside of normal guidelines, authorize credit bureaus deletions, negotiate payment arrangements over a longer span of time than normal, take accounts out of treatment (close accounts) within certain guidelines.
- May advise management regarding collection strategy effectiveness for various portfolios.
- May help resolve higher level disputes.
- Take escalated calls from level I and II collectors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Updating the account details of customers and resolving pending customer issues.
- Any Degree
- Previous experience in customer service, sales, collections, or a related role is preferred
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly, utilizing proper grammar and telephone etiquette is preferred
- Computer literate a MUST
- Ability to compute basic math calculations using addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages is preferred
- Employee has contact with individuals within their department and extensive external contact with consumers