- Risk Management
- Internal Control
- Regional Control Manager
Duties & Responsibilities
• Coordinate the activities of the Cluster Control Manager and Control Officers to ensuring strict compliance with Internal Control policies.
• Prompt Identification and resolution of operational lapses, business losses and reconciliation issues.
• Ensure pre-disbursement verification of credit documentation.
• Ensure policy and regulatory compliance amongst branches in your cluster.
• Ensure compliance with the banks KYC and KYB policy for branch transactions.
• Ensure compliance with daily monitoring and review of account opening documentation in line with CBN KYC/KYCB policy.
• Ensure prompt monitoring and review of account closure and reactivation documentations.
• Ensure integrity of banks trial balances, GL’s and returns.
• Ensure compliance with key controls inherent in new policy and products of the bank.
• Enforce the banks revenue assurance and cost management strategies for branches.
• Review of maintenances carried out on customer’s account against customer’s instruction • Institute GL proofing process in branches and ensure zero provision on branches other assets.
• Ensure prompt rendition of control reports/returns to Regional Control Manager.
• Escalate unusual incidents in your cluster immediately to the Regional Control Manager.
• Manage, train, coach, supervise and mentor Control Officers in your cluster for effective n efficient performance.
• Manage Other Assets in branches for optimum portfolio balance and minimal prudential provision. • Respond and attend promptly to mails, enquiries, etc. from the Regional Control Manager with updates and reports from his area of coverage.
• Regular spot checks on branches within their cluster for examination including a statistic of lodged in issues vis-à-vis those resolved and outstanding.
• Ensure good record keeping and retrieval process are adhered in line with bank’s policy
• Escalate major exceptions including weekly report.
• Perform other duties assigned by Regional Control Manager
Key Performance Indicators
▪ 20% reduction in the provision of other assets
▪ 5% savings in operating budget
▪ Zero cases of undetected fraud losses
▪ 20% reduction in preventable fraud losses over previous year’s arising from Internal Control failures ▪ Not more than .05% refund arising from excess charges
▪ A good first degree in any discipline
▪ Relevant Master Degree will be an added advantage
▪ A related professional qualification will be an added advantage
▪ Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a bank / financial institution with 3 in branch operations
Key Competency Requirements
▪ Leadership / Influence
▪ Team building / Conflict management
▪ Organization and coordination skills
▪ Coaching and Training
Skills & Competencies
•Analytical and Investigation skills
•Comprehensive Banking Operations/Credit (Domestic Foreign) skills
•Comprehensive Treasury skills
•Fraud and Operational Risk knowledge
•Policy and Regulation interpretation and implementation
•Oral and written Communication skills
•Banking, Insurance and Financial services knowledge
•Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft word, Excel and Power point, Intranet Mailing facility and the core banking application of the bank (Flexcube)