The specific responsibilities will include:
- Design/implement data persistence solutions with the right database solution.
- Implementation of best practice guidelines and policies relating to databases as well as capacity planning of databases, storage, and backup.
- Ownership of operational stability of business-critical database instances.
- Day-to-day proactive monitoring, including monitoring error logs, database and log space, user activity, and resource utilization.
- SQL and DB performance tuning, reporting, and forecasting.
- Developing and refining backup procedures and policy.
- Creating automation tools for managing relational databases (auditing, account management, backup/restore, discovery, schema deployment)
- Working with infrastructure owners to test and verify the integrity of data archives.
- Storage management, including storage design, configurations, implementation, additions, and consolidations.
- Storage capacity planning and implementation.
- Performance monitoring, troubleshooting proactive support, and problem analysis as may be assigned by the manager.
- Managing and supporting the SAN Environment
- Operation and support of data enterprise backup systems
- Scheduling of backup jobs based on documented procedures and schedules.
- Providing improvement feedback on backup procedures and standards.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies:
- Minimum BSc. Degree in Computer Science or in a related Discipline
- Minimum of 5 years in Database Administration
- Certification in Oracle and SQL Databases
- Certifications in VMware, EMC, and/or other related certifications
- Virtualization/Storage/Backup Technologies is an added advantage
Demands of the Job:
- Excellent oral, written communication, and presentation skills (at C Level)
- Experience with Microsoft public, hybrid and private cloud will be an added advantage
- Must have strong Windows/Linux/Unix skills.
- Strong storage design and administration is an added advantage.
- High level of integrity and professionalism, especially in dealing with highly confidential information