The Database Administrator will be responsible for the performance, integrity, and security of databases. He or She will also be involved in the planning and development of the database and storage systems in MainOne, as well as troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the users. He or She will evaluate relevant trends and suggest changes, enhancements/ upgrades, or eliminations to Main One’s existing environment and provide innovative, reliable, and high-quality database solutions for the Company.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
- Design/implement data persistence solutions with the right database solution.
- Implementation of best practice guidelines and policies relating to databases as well as capacity planning of databases, storage and backup.
- Ownership of operational stability of business-critical database instances.
- Day-to-day proactive monitoring, including monitoring error logs, database and log space, user activity, and resource utilization.
- SQL and DB performance tuning, reporting, and forecasting.
- Developing and refining backup procedures and policy.
- Creating automation tools for managing relational databases (auditing, account management, backup/restore, discovery, schema deployment)
- Working with infrastructure owners to test and verify the integrity of data archives.
- Storage management, including storage design, configurations, implementation, additions, and consolidations.
- Storage capacity planning and implementation.
- Performance monitoring, troubleshooting proactive support, and problem analysis may be assigned by the manager.
- Managing and supporting the SAN Environment
- Operation and support of data enterprise backup systems
- Scheduling of backup jobs based on documented procedures and schedules.
- Providing improvement feedback on backup procedures and standards.
- Minimum BSc. Degree in Computer Science or in a related Discipline
- Minimum of 5 years in Database Administration
- Certification in Oracle and SQL Databases
- Certifications in VMware, EMC and/or other related certifications
- Virtualization/Storage/Back up Technologies are an added advantage
- Excellent oral, written communication, and presentation skills (at C Level)
- Experience with Microsoft public, hybrid and private cloud will be an added advantage
- Must have strong Windows/Linux/Unix skills.
- Strong storage design and administration are an added advantage.
- High level of Integrity and professionalism, especially in dealing with highly confidential information
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.