Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Plan work in accordance with Nursery/Primary National Curriculum schemes of work and programmes of study.
- Identify clear learning objectives and specify how they will be taught and assessed.
- Take account of students' prior levels of attainment and use them to set targets for future improvements.
- Provide clear structures for lessons maintaining pace, motivation and challenge.
- Ensure coverage of Nursery/Primary Curriculum
- Set appropriate and demanding expectations for students' learning, behaviour and presentation of work.
- Maintain good discipline by adherence to the advice given to staff in the staff handbook and elsewhere.
- Work in collaboration with Learning Support Assistants attached to any teaching group.
- Evaluate own teaching to improve its effectiveness.
2. Assessment, Recording and Reporting
- Assess how well learning objectives have been achieved and use outcomes to adapt teaching accordingly;
- Provide Quality Marking feedback and identify clear targets for future learning as appropriate;
- Carry out assessment cycles (e.g. collection of effort and attainment assessments, reports) as agreed by the academy
- Keep parents informed as to the progress of their child
3. Pastoral Work
- Be the first point of contact for parents of students
- Attend assemblies and actively assist in the supervision of students;
- Monitor (and set targets for) the social and academic progress of individuals in the class;
- Promote good attendance and monitor in accordance with the Academy’s attendance policy.
4. Professional Standards
- Support the aims of the academy to promote a “learning community";
- Treat all members of the academy community, colleagues and students, with respect and consideration;
- Treat all students fairly, consistently and without prejudice;
- Set a good example to students in terms of appropriate dress, standards of punctuality and attendance;
- Promote the aims of the academy by attendance at and participation in events such as open evenings (as appropriate to individual responsibilities);
- Support the ethos of the academy by upholding the behaviour policy, uniform regulations etc.;
- Take responsibility for own professional development and participate in staff training when provided;
- Reflect on own practice as well as the practices of the academy with aim of improving all that we do;
- Participate in the management of the academy by an effective participation in various team and staff meetings;
- Undertake duties as prescribed within academy policies;
- Ensure that all deadlines are met as published in the academy calendar;
- Undertake professional duties that may be reasonably assigned to by the Associate Principal;
- Be proactive and take responsibility for matters relating to health and safety.
- All employees have a responsibility to undertake training and development as required and to assist, where appropriate and necessary, with the training and development of colleagues;
- For their own and others’ health and safety, and for adhering to guidelines for the safeguarding of children.