●To plan, execute, monitor, control and manage on-site construction projects
● Minimum Qualification: Bachelor's Degree
● Experience Length: 4-5 years
Roles and Responsibilities
● Direct construction, operations, and maintenance activities at project sites. ● Undertake surveys prior to project commencement; setting out sites, and establishing reference points, grades/ levels, and elevations to guide construction.
● Day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labour force and the work of any subcontractors.
● Coordinate site activities to ensure the structural/electrical/mechanical/interior plans are executed according to specification, quality, budget, and timeline. ● Provide technical advice regarding design, construction, or program modifications to teammates.
● Create work schedules and adjust as needed to meet project deadlines ● Maintain detailed documentation of all site engineering activities ● Liaise with the local authority (where appropriate to the project) to ensure compliance with local construction regulations and by-laws
● Suggest and implement process and technical design changes/improvements to processes, performance, and efficiency.
Site Engineer (Civil) - JOB DESCRIPTION
● Ensure that health and safety policies and legislation are adhered to.
● Identify & update outstanding issues through scheduled meetings, correspondence, request for change, performance reports, status reports and schedule updates
● Monitor progress and compile reports on project status
● Track, record, and order materials for site usage
● Proven working experience in civil engineering
● Proficiency in site layout, grading, utility design, erosion control, etc
● Practical knowledge of all phases of building construction from substructure to superstructure and finishing.
● Proficient in the use of computer-aided design (CAD) software
● Proven track record of managing personnel and material resources
● Commercial awareness – an understanding of how your actions can affect profitability of a project
● Strong time management and project management skills
● Strong active listening and interpersonal skills
● Problem solving attitude and ability to critically analyze complex problems to reach a solution
The Ideal candidate should have the following attributes:
● Attention to detail and thoroughness in all tasks
● Ability to learn and implement solutions on the go
● Ability to work without supervision
● Goal oriented without compromise
● Good written and verbal communication skills.
● 4-5 years post graduation experience with a minimum of 4 years in a similar role and responsibilities in a reputable organisation.
● A first degree in Civil Engineering from a reputable university.
● Project Management Professional Certification is required. Strong provable project management experience with a reputable company may override certificate requirements.
● A track record in on-site roles with reputable construction companies.
● Familiarity with design software, such as Autodesk, AutoCad Civil 3D, and MicroStation
Workers Hours and Locations
Your role will involve both on site and office based work. Site office facilities may be located in temporary buildings or converted premises.