Project Management Certification will be an added advantage
Civil Engineer Duties & Responsibilities
This job generally requires the ability to do the following:
· Inspect project sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design specifications and safety or sanitation standards.
· Inspect facilities or sites to determine if they meet specifications or standards.
· Design or engineer systems to efficiently dispose of chemical, biological, or other toxic wastes.
· Design systems to reduce harmful emissions.
· Compute load and grade requirements, water flow rates, or material stress factors to determine design specifications.
· Estimate technical or resource requirements for development or production projects.
· Provide technical advice to industrial or managerial personnel regarding design, construction, or program modifications or structural repairs.
· Recommend technical design or process changes to improve efficiency, quality, or performance.
· Test soils or materials to determine the adequacy and strength of foundations, concrete, asphalt, or steel.
· Test characteristics of materials or structures.
· Manage and direct the construction, operations, or maintenance activities at project site.
· Direct construction activities.
· Direct or participate in surveying to lay out installations or establish reference points, grades, or elevations to guide construction.
· Survey land or bodies of water to measure or determine features.
· Estimate quantities and cost of materials, equipment, or labor to determine project feasibility.
· Estimate operational costs.
· Plan and design transportation or hydraulic systems or structures using computer assisted design or drawing tools.
· Create graphical representations of civil structures
· Prepare or present public reports on topics such as bid proposals, deeds, environmental impact statements, or property and right-of-way descriptions.
· Prepare proposal documents
· Explain project details to the general public.
· Design energy efficient or environmentally sound civil structures.
· Incorporate green features into the design of structures or facilities.
· Identify environmental risks and develop risk management strategies for civil engineering projects.
· Investigate the environmental impact of projects.
· Develop technical methods or processes.
· Direct engineering activities ensuring compliance with environmental, safety, or other governmental regulations.
· Coordinate safety or regulatory compliance activities.
· Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, or other topographical or geologic data.
· Evaluate technical data to determine effect on designs or plans.
· ATTRACTIVE RENUMERATION
· GOOD WORK ENVIRONMENT