Your key responsibilities
- As an Assurance Senior, you will deliver quality assurance services to our clients and their stakeholders.
Skills and attributes for success
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel and assess clients' satisfaction.
- Proactively maintain contact with the client throughout the year.
- Direct fieldwork daily, inform supervisors of the engagement status and manage staff performance.
- Adapt the audit approach to the changing client environment.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of complex accounting and auditing concepts and apply them to client situations.
- Develop people through effectively delegating tasks and providing guidance to staff. Provide performance feedback and training, and conduct performance reviews.
- Foster an efficient, innovative, and team-oriented work environment. Contribute ideas/opinions to the audit teams and listen/respond to other team members' views.
- Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery.
- Maintain an educational program to continually develop skills. Develop an understanding of EY's service lines and actively seek/encourage team members to contribute ideas and identify opportunities to apply the firm's services.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A degree in accounting
- A minimum of 4 years of experience working as an auditor for a public accounting firm, or particular business/industry experience to meet special needs
- Excellent project management skills, advanced written and verbal communication skills
- A dedication to teamwork and leadership
- Integrity within a professional environment
Ideally, you’ll also have
- The ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic team-oriented environment
What we look for
- We’re interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
- At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
- We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you to decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes comprehensive medical, coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being.
Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you