To be a successful Church Administrator, you should be able to handle multiple tasks to ensure the church is well-run, maintained, and staffed. You should be generous, efficient, detail-oriented, and professional.
Church Administrator Responsibilities:
- Managing daily operations and maintaining office supplies and records.
- Coordinating, planning, and executing church events.
- Assisting to create budgets, pay bills, oversee payrolls, and track and record church income from donations and sales.
- Recruiting and hiring staff and volunteers, and overseeing their work and vacation schedules.
- Handling church communications and publications, creating and distributing bulletins and newsletters.
- Overseeing church facility maintenance and security operations.
- Assisting with scheduling meetings, renting church equipment and facilities, and enforcing church policies for facility use.
- Building and maintaining relationships with the congregation and community.
Church Administrator Requirements:
- A first degree in Business, Office Management, or related field. A masters’ degree will be an advantage
- 3-5 years' office or administrative experience in a reputable church or office.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills and ability to operate office equipment.
- Ability to handle stress and effectively coordinate all church programs and activities.
- Ability to keep confidential and sensitive information.
- A commitment to standing as a moral and upstanding representative of the church community.
The successful candidate will operate from the national office of the church in Lagos.