Strategic Responsibilities of the CTO:
- The CTO position is far from being standardized. The rate of change of technology guarantees that knowledge and expertise gained several years ago will no longer be completely valid. This creates the need for a technologically current person to serve as an advisor to senior executives during strategic decision-making. The CTO should have been a leader in technology that is an important part of the corporate business base.
- Business Strategy: The CTO must make decisions about which technologies are most likely to generate the highest rate of return. The CTO thinks about technology as a moneymaking asset, not as a field of exploration for its own sake. The CTO is a corporate executive dealing with strategic decisions about the future direction of the company. The CTO must make the transition from technical experts to business strategists. A significant part of this is strategic innovation - developing new products based on new technology or improving core products by continually evolving the processes used to create the core products.
- Technology Strategy: The CTO's primary responsibility is contributing to the strategic direction of the company by identifying the role that specific technology will play in its future growth. The CTO looks for contributions that technology can make to the competitive advantage of the company. Through internal coordination, the identification of the best technologies usually comes from a strong internal network of people who are in touch with the latest technologies and understand their potential. The CTO must develop external partnerships, like all business professionals, to be part of a strong network that includes business partners, academics, government officials, and technology thought leaders.
- All executives, including the CTO, must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with people from all types of backgrounds.
- Executive Relationships: The CTO position is relatively new in most organizations, therefore, the individual filling the position must ensure that he or she is included in the executive decision-making cycle.
- This is an executive-level, highly responsible position directing the organization's activities of communications, computer operations, systems management, and network administration and programming functions.
- Minimum 5 years experience in the Telecom field as a Chief Technology Officer.
Remuneration: NGN 850,000 – 1,200,000 Per Month
Location: Abuja but should be willing to relocate to Lagos