Direct and coordinate the activities of all security personnel.
Ensure that all security staff provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
Ensure the safety and security of guest, staff, visitors and contractors at all times.
Responsible to manage all safety & security, Fire Life Safety and food hygiene risks faced by the hotel.
Liaise with all department heads to ensure hotel employees are adhering to established security procedures.
Record and notify all risks, deviations from hotels safety standards and any untoward incidents.
Assign duties and schedule staff for balancing needs of the hotel and productivity standards.
Monitor staff activity and coach subordinate performance.
Watch for suspicious persons entering, exiting or loitering around the hotel public or guest areas.
- Follows up on all unusual activities in and around the property that would impair the well being of guests and employees.
- Ensure compliance with all security standards and preventative measures.
Monitor and follows proper key control guidelines in loss prevention and in the property.
- Handles complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
Develops and maintains a monthly checklist for all CCTV equipment, alarmed doors, and panic / duress alarms to ensure that they are fully functional.
- Conduct regular walk through rounds for observing the entire hotel.
Supervision of all Security Personnel and giving clear direction on all security related aspects.
- Be available 24 hours a day for genuine emergencies within the property.
- Fluency in English in both written and spoken and the capability to follow safety and security rules and procedures without compromises at all times is essential.
- University degree / HND or 2-year degree from an accredited university in Criminal Justice or related major. Proficiency in Computers, CCTV, Fire and Safety systems.
- At least 5 years of experience in corporate security / law enforcement /military preferably worked in a hospitality environment.
- Minimum - N45,000 and Maximun - Negotiable