- The role of Chief Sales and Marketing Officer is a data-driven role that requires commercial acumen and a deep understanding of the customer base, the competitive market and an ability to analyze Sales and Marketing department performance. The Chief Sales and Marketing Office role is an integral part of the business in that it also involves the management of external partners and collaborations with numerous internal departments.
- Candidates for this role must be able to demonstrate unwavering leadership and navigating change in a fast paced digital technology environment.
- Candidates must be charismatic, demonstrate deep B2B industry knowledge and experience, understand trends in digital services technologies and be well skilled in modern sales and marketing practices.
B. Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and execute sales and marketing department strategies to achieve the company’s revenue and profit goals.
- Develop targets, budgets, short and long term goals in support of the company’s objectives.
- Develop long term business plans with the CEO and other leaders in executive management.
- Analyze, evaluate and increase the effectiveness of our sales and marketing methods, costs and results.
- Coordinate development and execution of sales and marketing strategies for new product introductions.
- Establish commission policies, trainings and sales incentive programs. ✔ Establish and execute a robust and aggressive strategy for channel partners management and expansion.
2. Provide leadership to the sales and marketing team to achieve the department objectives.
- Oversee all sales and marketing functions to ensure compliance with the company’s code of conduct.
- Provide mentoring, coaching, development and counselling as needed to the sales team.
- Assist the sales team in delivery of proposals and presentations where necessary to close strategic deals.
- Consistently improve sales and marketing strategies, processes and tactics. ✔ Continually learn and experiment to ensure commercial success.
3. Integrate sales and marketing initiatives to produce optimal commercial success.
- Continually strengthen the company’s value propositions.
- Provide continuous feedback to the product development team to guide the product life cycle management of existing products and to inform new product development.
- Direct and oversee tactical marketing activities via assigned staff. ✔ Ensure alignment of company’s strategic marketing plans, initiatives and expectations.
4. Identify strategic business opportunities.
- Evaluate new product viability and marketability.
- Provide input into how new products integrate into business model. ✔ Maintain communication with customers and channel partners as to new trends and products needed.
C. Qualifications and Requirements
- A master’s degree with at least 7-10 years’ experience in a business related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in Digital Marketing management.
- Advanced skills in strategic and value selling, including managing six and seven figure transactions
- Minimum 10-15years in managing quota carrying cloud or software sales teams with demonstrated achievements.
- Transformative and inspiring approach to leadership.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and presentation skills. ✔ Awareness of latest market trends with informed projections. ✔ Solid analytical skills and the ability to generate charts and reports on sales data.
- Good attention to detail with the capacity to handle cross-functional communication and tasks.
D. Reporting line
- This role reports directly to the CEO.