- The candidate reporting to the Chairman & CEO of the company must have been COO for at least five years in the Energy sector. The COO will oversee the efficient and effective daily administration & operations and ongoing development of the company. He/she will have significant responsibility in ensuring the company’s businesses are operated in a safe, environmentally sound and commercially viable way. He/she will also ensure O&M costs, general administration, staffing, performance and availability are effectively reduced to the barest minimum possible.
- The COO would be a Mentor-Leader who is entrepreneurial in attitude & approach to work, and who must have a hands-on management style in supporting and providing operational oversight of the company’s project development, implementation and operations activities.
- The COO will also ensure the necessary resources are available and that funds are being utilised efficiently and in line with the business's strategic objectives.
- As a member of an entrepreneurial management team, there is a variety of diverse challenges the COO will manage administratively, relationship management-wise, commercially and technically, particularly as it relates to dealing with multiple stakeholders and partners in multiple locations and countries.
- The COO should have considerable African Energy sector experience and should have worked across multiple countries. Preferably, the candidate should have experience of working in both blue-chip corporates and more entrepreneurial start-up environments and should have the necessary tenacity and stakeholder management skills to build trusting and effective relationships with off-takers, external stakeholders, partners and advisors.
- The COO is expected to be professionally proficient in excellent written and spoken French & English languages.
- The COO should be a high calibre professional with the necessary mix of operational, commercial and financial experience and he or she will be expected to grow the existing business model and help capitalise on opportunities that the future holds.
- The position involves a lot of travel and supervision of the operations and general business affairs of all subsidiary units of the company across several Countries and multiple businesses within several Countries.
Key Job Functions:
Your key duties shall include but not limited to the following:
- Develop a broad and deep knowledge of all Company activities and provide creative solutions to organisational and operational challenges.
- Drive strategy and operations by providing day-to-day leadership of the affairs of the Company in order to deliver on the best positive results of the Company.
- Coordinating all activities and operations of the Company and responsible for the actions of all staff in the various business units of the organization.
- Responsible for ensuring strict adherence to Corporate Governance and compliance to all the rules and regulations of the Company and ensuring that all the key performance indicators necessary for a profitable and successful Company are met at all times.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with the regular reporting expected of an officer at the ‘’COO’’ level.
- Responsible for planning and organizing internal company operations and supporting the CEO in maintaining a healthy corporate culture.
- Ensure that the company’s policies and procedures are implemented and followed by all personnel, changing or adding to such policies procedures as required.
- Lead efforts to increase organizational effectiveness through planned change in processes and systems, and seek continuous improvement in operations and human resource policies and practices to improve the effectiveness, efficiency, and impact of the organization.
- Building, sustaining and nourishing excellent relationships with all relevant stakeholders, customers, staff, and host communities of the company’s businesses.
- Direct short-term and long-range planning and budget development to support strategic business goals.
- Establish the performance goals, allocate resources and assess policies for the executive management.
- Advise the executive management team on key planning issues and make recommendations on important business decisions.
- Set operational and/or performance goals for the Company’s business units that are achievable and tied to long-term goals.
- Proactively analyses financials at the organization and regional level, challenging growth assumptions, identifying needs and opportunities for development, and recommending strategies, resources and business models.
Experience/ Skills & Competencies/ License & Certification/ Education Required:
To succeed in this role, you will need to have the following personality and experiences traits:
- Very strong communication skills.
- High competencies in Excel/Spreadsheet, Financial Modelling and Tariff development & modelling.
- Conversant and competent user of modern tools of Key performance indicators appraisals for projects, businesses and Staff.
- Very good People’s Skills and Relationship Management proficiencies.
- A strong and natural team player with a demonstrable proactive and hands-on leadership approach.
- Proven track record in managing, coordinating and leading multiple business activities and multiple teams in various locations.
- Strong experience and tangible understanding of global investment structuring, financing and execution.
- Strong investments and projects origination, negotiations, financing, execution and commercial operations management.
- Bi-lingual. Fluent read and writing skills in both French and English.
- Minimum of 2:1 Degree from a reputable University.
- MBA from a reputable Institution or membership of a relevant professional body will be an added advantage.
Years of Experience: 10+ years
Location: Senegal, Democratic Republic of Congo,Mali, Côte d’Ivoire, Benin