- The chief of staff will serve as a trusted advisor to the Group CEO on new ideas and initiatives and also deputize for the CEO where appropriate.
- The chief of staff will also play an integral role in launching our company product into new markets, along with our Group and country CEOs and other members of the leadership team. Alongside the Group CEO and Group CFO, the chief of staff will also be responsible for our fundraising strategy and execution of fundraising activities.
- The candidate will report directly to the CEO and get a unique experience as the right-hand person to the CEO.
- The ideal candidate for the role will have a clearly demonstrated track record as a management consultant or working with high-growth startups, interfacing with C-level executives and board members.
1. Strategic project management
- Oversee high priority projects for the Group CEO from development through successful execution, including the strategic planning process, budget cycle, periodic business reviews and board meeting preparation
- Oversee cross-functional, organization-wide initiatives; bring together stakeholders and help drive decisions
- Improve current processes and coordinate organizational procedures, enabling the company to scale execution in Nigeria and to new geographies effectively
2. Strategic advisory
- Act as a sounding board with the CEO for new ideas and initiatives
- Advise CEO on analysis, strategy formulation, and communication
- Help the CEO identify areas where he should identify his focus as well as metrics for success. Revisit metrics regularly and evaluate progress against them
3. Deputise for CEO
- Attend meetings in place of CEO and serve as a proxy to facilitate meetings and ensure momentum and clarity around the next steps
- Make decisions in place of the executive, as appropriate
- Respond to board and investors on behalf of or along with the CEO
- Partner with Group CEO and Group CFO on structuring and fundraising, including fundraising strategy, managing the fundraising process and serving as the company's key point of contact for potential investors
• Initiative, curiosity and a sense of ownership
• Excellent problem-solving skills; analytical and structured in his/her thinking
• Strong leadership and relationship-building skills
• Communication skills – verbal, non-verbal and written
• Excellent presentation skills required
• Nimble business mind with a focus on developing creative solutions
• Self-starter and very organized, with strong attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
• Extremely versatile, dedicated to efficient productivity and ability to work efficiently and effectively across multiple teams and projects
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree required master’s in business administration preferred
• At least 5 years in consulting, business or executive management role, preferably with consulting firms or high-growth startups and experience interfacing with C-suite executives and board members
•Must be able to work in a high-velocity, high-performance environment.
• Experience planning and leading strategic initiatives
Location; London, U.K