Chief Investment Officer
ASIN5 is seeking a Chief Investment Officer to shape the firm’s diligence and investment processes, manage the fund and its portfolio to maximize the financial return to investors, and ensure that lasting impact is achieved. This position will report to the Fund’s investment committee as well as the Partners at ASIN5 in the day-to-day management of the fund.
We are looking for a well-organized and analytical professional. The CIO will provide insight and direction, lead investment teams, complete all fund transactions and effectively maintain portfolio developments. To excel in this position, you will possess a sound understanding of all investment policies and guidelines, demonstrate excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and maintain a strong professional work ethic.
· Fundraising: Contribute to our effort to raise capital
· Investment process: Lead ASIN5’s investment process, including sourcing, evaluating, underwriting, and structuring investment opportunities
· Portfolio management: Build a portfolio of best-in-class businesses, and provide these businesses with strategic and growth guidance
Who are you?
You have a minimum of 5-8 years of experience in high-performance environments (ex: investment banking, private equity, venture capital, etc.). You are most likely coming from an environment with strong financial incentives, and your core motivation involves using your skills to also create lasting impact. Additional requirements:
· Graduate Degree in finance or a relevant field from an accredited institution
· CFA and/or MBA designation preferred but not necessary
· Excellent, attributable investment track record at an established venture capital or growth equity firm (with realized exits)
· Demonstrated ability to source compelling investment opportunities and build meaningful relationships with current and prospective portfolio companies
· Experience as a value-added partner for growing portfolio companies, as either a board member or board observer
· Strategic thinker and proficient in decision-making
· Ability to communicate effectively and in a professional manner.
· Have a solid background and understanding of the tech-environment, entrepreneurship and digital business models
· Bring a hands-on approach and ability to lead both internal and external teams
· Pay attention to detail, show great work ethic and know-how to prioritize large, complex projects
· Are results-oriented and able to excel in a fast-paced environment with the ability to adjust easily with shifting priorities and accomplish multiple tasks
· Are team-oriented, motivated, committed, proactive, persistent and dependable and are able to work independently
· Have a passion to make the world a better place, and a professional drive that will contribute to the investment operations at ASIN5
· Full-Time role is preferred // a Part-Time role is an option for the right candidate
· Remote work is acceptable with 10% travel
· Vested Stock Agreements for the right candidate