Our client, a startup company in the financial inclusion and agent management space is looking for an experienced Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to set up and manage the company’s accounting system, perform effective risk management, and plan and execute the organization’s financial strategy This is a senior position responsible for managing the financial actions and records of the company. The successful candidate must be well-versed in all aspects of financial management ranging from simple accounting to broad investment and banking operations. The ideal candidate will be an excellent leader with the goal of protecting the company’s revenues and profits to achieve full financial control, compliance, and sustainable growth.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:3 years
- Set up and oversee the company’s accounting system and finance IT system
- Setup the company’s internal controls and audit systems and also manging the External Auditors of the company.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly financial reports, including the annual reports and returns to the regulators, shareholders, and other stakeholders
- Drive the company's financial planning
- Perform risk management by analyzing the organization’s liabilities and investments
- Decide on investment strategies by considering cash and liquidity risks
- Control and evaluate the organization’s fundraising plans and capital structure
- Ensure cash flow is appropriate for the organization’s operations
- Supervise all finance personnel
- Manage vendor relationships
- Prepare reliable current and forecasting reports
- Ensure compliance with the law and the company’s policies
- 3 - 5 years of proven experience as CFO, finance officer, or similar relevant role
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance, or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus
- In-depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and financial management software (e.g. SAP)
- Ability to strategize and solve problems
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and people skills
- An analytical mind, comfortable with numbers
- Being a Chartered Accountant by a recognized professional body shall be a strong advantage.
- We have a preference for candidates who are Abuja-based.
- The successful candidate's final placement shall be dependent on qualifications and experience.