- Lead the preparation and reporting of annual budget and periodic forecast.
- Provide the Board of Governors, sub-committees, and all budget holders with periodic updates of their accounts.
- Review outcomes and provide guidance on matters relating to budgets, forecasts and other financial plans
- Deploy the appropriate systems (ERP, BI, NT etc.) to support the school’s operations
- Evaluate information and consult with the Senior Leadership Team and Governors to prepare a realistic and balanced annual budget
- Maintain a strategic financial plan that will indicate the trends and requirements of the school development plan and will forecast future year budgets
- Lead all aspects of income generation and cash management
- Maintain and oversee all bank accounts, completing monthly bank reconciliations and cash flow outcome and presenting treasury report to the leadership team and Board of Governors.
- Advise Leadership Team on investment and financial policy, preparing appraisals for future projects and for the development of a long-term financial strategy for the future development of the college.
- Accurate and timely completion of tax Returns for ALL taxes.
- Full cooperation with the internal and external audit processes.
- Prepare and present all balance sheet reconciliations monthly.
- Submission of accurate records and returns for staff Payroll and Pensions.
- Management of the recruitment, induction, training, and performance of the Finance team.
- Proactively provide advise/support to the SLT/BoG on revenue generation and capacity utilization initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related fields with ACA or ACCA or equivalent, MBA is desirable
- Minimum ten years financial and accounting experience,
- Minimum of five years Supervisory and leadership experience
- Prior Experience in a similar role within a school or service industry
- Knowledge of safeguarding and child protection
- Implementation involvement with ERP business systems
- A very high level of proficiency with ERP and financial software programmes
- Cost management
- Business Process Re-engineering
- Evidence of creation of accessible financial management reports
- People leadership and management
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Budget variance analysis
- Risk management
REPORTING AND RELATIONSHIPS
- The Chief Finance Officer will report to the Principal
PS: Only qualified candidates would be contacted.