Our Client Ladgroup Limited is seeking a transformational leader who is able to operationalise the business strategy, has a passion for growth, building and inspiring a high performing culture.
Ladgroup Limited is a model company in the Agro-allied the sector in Nigeria, dedicated to marketing and processing of Agro commodities.
The company started business in 1972 by exporting agricultural produce, namely
Ginger, Shea nuts, Coffee and Gum Arabic. Ladgroup became highly successful in
exports and was the largest exporter of Shea nuts and Cocoa in the ’70s and
80’s, winning two major awards from the Nigerian Export-Import Bank (NEXIM)
namely “Best Exporter of the Year” and “Best Cocoa Exporter.
The Chief Executive Officer role will create a culture that is agile, results-oriented and able to identify and take advantage of opportunities. S/he must be adept at building, maintaining and establishing credible relationships with key stakeholders, partners and the industry.
The responsibilities of the successful candidate will include, but not be limited to:
- Creating, communicating, and implementing the organization's vision, mission, and overall direction
- Identifying new agribusiness opportunities and keeping the Board abreast of developments within the industry.
- Leading the development and implementation of the overall organization's short and long term strategies.
- Leading and motivating the team to advance employee engagement and develop a high performing culture
- Being the main point of communication between the board of directors and management team
- Providing governance and management support in developing and deploying appropriate policies to ensure the company complies with all relevant statutory and regulatory requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, engineering, business, accounting or other science or social science-related courses.
- Master’s in Business Administration or equivalent is an advantage.
- 15+ years’ work experience in manufacturing (ideally with strong marketing function) in the FMCG- food, personal care, or agribusiness sectors.
- Commercially aware with a strong pulse on the competitive landscape, expansion opportunities, industry developments, risks, etc.
- Demonstrable experience in developing and executing strategic business plans for growth and working closely with a Board of Directors.
- An entrepreneurial mindset with proven leadership skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Location: Ikenne, Ogun State.
Closing Date: 28th July 2020