Purpose / Role
- To guide and lead the sales cum marketing team members across the centers nationwide in driving strategies and transformational initiatives in sales and marketing that position the organization with a global brand of “Diagnostics Center of Reference”
- Provide leadership to the senior management team in identifying areas for continuous improvement in commercial, sales, and go to market strategy
- Ensure project economics are assessed and aligned with company return objectives.
- Demonstrate competency in strategic planning and business development of existing business whilst contributing to the assessment of areas for expansion be it sector or geography.
- Take ownership of the company’s commercial delivery of services to our chosen client base.
- Manage inter-departmental communication to ensure there is an effective loop of information between technical, finance, commercial and operations.
- Accountable for timely and accurate reporting for the sales business including forecasting of pipeline and sales per the normal reporting cycles as well as input into yearly business planning e.g. Strategy sessions etc.
- Directs implementation and execution of sales policies and practices.
- Ensures communications are coordinated, supports sales plan objectives and meets organizational expenditure requirements
- Recommends sales strategies for improvement based on market research and competitor analyses.
- Implements approved distribution strategies.
- Manages multiple channel selling strategies.
- Builds, develops and manages sales team capable of carrying out needed sales and service initiatives
Marketing and Product Development
- Manage professional relations with key customers and industry bodies to promote company’s visibility in our chosen sectors.
- Leading the launch of a new product or service
- Developing marketing and service policies, programs and systems to support strategic direction and aligning international business plans with organizational objectives.
- Maintaining the company brand throughout the development and marketing of new products
- Attract, retain, educate and develop world-class commercial teams to realize our go to market strategy.
- Communicate, execute and leverage relevant market experience to enhance existing company teams’ skill sets.
- In conjunction with the executive determine and drive ownership of order quality and customer expectations ensuring relevant managers deliver on business expectations.
- Drive performance management within the team assessing the sales teams and their ability to meet sales growth targets
- Holder is accountable ensuring the integrated commercial success of the sales targets to meet the 0company objectives. Development and deployment of strong marketing and business development strategies.
- Generate sales by developing cutting-edge strategies and procedures. Build relationships with clients, supervise the sales teams.
- A key member of the management team maintaining control of a major segment of the business, experience and efficient leadership skills with a clear business acumen and exemplary work ethics is expected.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Define and maintain company commercial & marketing financial policies and procedures
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance in respect of all commercial & financial aspects of the business.
- Implement and maintain internal controls according to international best practice.
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance in respect of all operational aspects of the business.
- Oversee all operation mode of operation align with appropriate State, National & International regulatory requirements.
Key Result Areas
Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Commercial viability of projects secured
- Suitability of technical offering to market
- Sales Strategy and capacity execution
- Accurate and timely delivery of reporting Document (internal & external)
- Further develop SS key deliverables to clients
- Interdepartmental functionality
Delivery of 2021/2022 business plan targets (AOP)
- Ensure fit for purpose of management teams as business expands.
- Maintain customer satisfaction
- Enhance current business KPI performance of managers.
2. Academic Qualification & Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree with a strong emphasis on commercial and financial disciplines.
- A Master’s degree in the field of business administration with a specialization in sales/marketing.
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience of which 5 years of consultative experience in similar leadership role.
- Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers.
- Strong communication skills to synthesize complex issues and communicate into simple messages
- Willingness and ability to live and travel within Nigeria with occasional trips out as required.
3. Core Competencies
- Strong Team Leadership Skills
- Commercially astute, capable of evaluating complex pricing models and Contracts
- Proficiency in business marketing software.
- Business Strategy Development
- Relationship Management (internal & external)
- Able to assess Creativity & Innovation
- Excellent Oral and written communication
- Experienced in Senior Staff Performance Management
- Skilled in Business Planning, Strategic Planning, Marketing Strategy, Team Building, Sales management, Sales, Media Relations and Organizational Development.
- Strong business development professional with an expertise in hospital/healthcare or FMCG industry
4. Desired Characteristics:
- Previous experience as senior executive in either Healthcare/diagnostics or MFMCG/Power/Industrial/Solar/Telecom.
- Prior experience working for a large company in a matrix environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead, energize, develop, and build rapport at all levels within an organization
- Ambition to join a dynamic company breaking new ground in the green energy space Applications in strict confidence