KEY RESULT AREA
1. Strategic Commercial Leadership
- Develop and implement strategic commercial plans in line with the business's overall objectives and take full accountability for all commercial operations and financial objectives.
- Set the strategic framework for successful commercial performance which broadens the product portfolio and identifies new and innovative commercial revenue streams.
- Review and reshape the organization’s understanding of its products, commercial strategy, and marketing activity to respond to changes in the market to effectively engage with our diverse targeted Furniture consumers.
- Oversee all major marketing, promotion, media relations, advertising, web development, social media and CRM/database initiatives of the organization.
2. Revenue Optimization
- Deliver all commercial KPI’s in accordance with the company’s operating plan.
- Accountable to grow and optimize the profitability of all commercial revenue streams.
- Effectively manage the marketing budget and spend allocation in line with business drivers to ensure maximum return on investment.
- Research, investigate and where commercially astute, design and deliver new products, programmes and initiatives to market.
- Successfully implement and manage the new innovative revenue streams and products, to meet delivery expectations.
- Work cross-functionally to develop the associated marketing and communications plans to support the initiatives.
4. Brand Management and Communications
- Create a clear and compelling Furniture brand story and implement it across all organizational touchpoints.
- Build consumer loyalty and brand following through regular marketing and communications campaigns and activity that promotes our Furniture.
- As part of the broader marketing strategy, develop and implement a digital and social media strategy to generate brand, product, or organization awareness, to engage directly with consumers in more meaningful ways and to amplify our purpose of making our Furniture engaging and exciting for all.
- Manage all organizational communications to ensure alignment with our brand position and consistency with our key commercial and community messaging.
5. People Leadership
- Coach, motivate and inspire staff working as part of the commercial team to optimize performance and achieve both strategic and financial objectives.
- Create an enthusiastic and successful working environment focusing on thinking outside the box and challenging business norms.
- Implement processes to ensure staff are delivering best practices and managing performance.
- Set clear expectations and hold people accountable for delivering results and outcomes.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships across all levels of the business.
- Support the development and delivery of other of our Furniture programs.
6. Strategic Alignment
- Collaborate and contribute to our Furniture’s organizational strategy, behaviours and initiatives, therefore, ensuring achievement of the balanced scorecard.
- Actively engage in other duties, projects and opportunities assigned within the role
KEY JOB ATTRIBUTES
- The Ability to Multitask
- The ability to work with a team
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to be proactive and deliver results
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Attention to details
- Possess analytic and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in the Microsoft package
- Excellent communication skills and evidence of building strong relationships
- Solid knowledge of digital technologies including those involving content management, web analytics, search engine marketing, email marketing, website usability
- Able to develop strong value propositions consistent with Customer needs
- Knowledge of the company’s product and services
- Ability to connect strategic thinking and planning with hands-on tactical execution
- Effective Communication
- Persuasion skills
- Social Perceptiveness
- Critical Thinking
- Negotiation Skills
- Service Orientation
- Active Learning
- Coordination skills
- Good Judgment and Decision Making
- Performance Monitoring
- Strategic business planning
- Expertise in the latest trends and best practices in CRM/Database Optimization and Social Media Marketing.
- Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Customer Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modelling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Managerial Leadership
- Functional / Operational
- Personal Qualities
- A Degree in Marketing Communications, Social Sciences or Business Administration.
- An MBA will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of demonstrable experience in sales, marketing, merchandising or related field
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a commercial leadership role.