- Prepare and deliver lectures to students on topics such as organic chemistry, stoichiometry, structure and properties of matter, atomic structure, thermodynamics, general chemistry, and nuclear chemistry.
- Maintain student attendance records, grades, and other required records.
- Prepare course materials and homework assignments.
- Facilitate student learning and understanding of chemistry through guided inquiry, direct instruction, investigations, problem-solving, and discussion.
- Responsible for class preparation, classroom management, as well as developing and grading assessments, and meeting with students and parents outside class.
- Teaching students the scientific method, including observations, hypothesis, data collection, experiment, theory and predictions.
- B.S. in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry or a related discipline.
- Excellent interpersonal, as well as written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to inspire and motivate students
- Strong multitasking skills.
- Supervise students' laboratory work and educating students on lab safety.