- Provides direction for all day-to-day operations in the kitchen.
- Proper costing for the company products
- Cooking continental and African dishes among others
- Train, develop, and motivates supervisors and culinary staff to meet and exceed established food preparation standards on a consistent basis.
- Teaches preparation according to well-defined recipes and follows up and discusses ways of constantly improving the cuisine at the property.
- Displays exceptional leadership by providing a positive work environment, counseling employees as appropriate, and demonstrating a dedicated and professional approach to management.
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Actively involves in menu development and maintaining updated and accurate costing of all dishes prepared and sold in the Food and Beverage operation.
- Determines how food should be presented, and create decorative food displays.
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Ensures all equipment in the kitchen is properly maintained and in working order in accordance with local Health department and hotel standards.
- Reviews guest feedback forms for guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
- Coordinates with the purchase unit for the acquisition of needed goods and services.
- Ensures all products are prepared in a consistent manner and meet departmental appearance/quality standards.
- Ensures proper grooming and hygiene standards for all kitchen staff.
- Ensures proper purchasing, receiving, and food storage standards in the kitchen.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on food quality, presentation, and service levels.
- And any other task that may be assigned by management from time to time
- HND/BSc in a recognized tertiary institution
- Proven years of experience as a chef
- Knowledge in making African and Continental dishes, barbeque, grills, stakes, etc
- Strong knowledge of product costing
- Preferably male aged between 25 and 30 years of age
- Proficiency with computers and computer programs, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong knowledge of dish presentation
- Strong leadership qualities and capabilities
Job Location: Satellite, Lagos state