- Preparing and cooking high-quality dishes from Eden’s menus, according to defined recipes and in collaboration with colleagues, with attention to speed.
- Assisting the Head Chef and Sous Chef in creating menu items, recipes and developing dishes
- Lead a high performing workstation during food preparation, and production, to deliver on the Food Production team mission daily.
- General leadership in the kitchen to ensure standard, processes, procedures, and policies are maintained to consistently ensure a high team performance
- Ensure great presentation of meals.
- Receive all produce in the kitchen according to quality standards, and ensure food items are cleaned and stored properly.
- Follow and enforce strict health and hygiene standards in the preparation of meals
- Monitoring portion, waste control, and cost management of raw and cooked food items.
- Oversee the day-to-day tasks, and general learning and growth of Demi-Chef De Partie and Commis assigned to you.
- Collaborate with colleagues to maintain a smooth and friendly work environment
- Receiving deliveries and verifying that all ordered items have been delivered and are of good quality.
- Taking inventory of supplies and notifying chef supervisors of low or depleted supplies.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the Sous Chef, Head Chef, and Food Producer.
- Level 1 and 2 Food Safety Certificates
- Minimum 1 years relevant experience
- Awareness of food handling techniques
- Experience in kitchen equipment
- Experience of dangerous equipment such as knives
- Understandable level of English spoken and written
Skills that all good Chef de Partie should possess:
- Knowledge and ability to run a section
- Ability to work without close supervision
- Ability to manage Commis Chefs
- Ability to produce good quality food in all sections Good oral communication
- Team management skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Good level of numeracy
- Enthusiasm to develop your own skills and knowledge plus those around you
- Adaptability to change and willingness to embrace new ideas and processes
- Positive and approachable manner
- Team player qualities
- Drive for results
- Customer focus