Our Client is looking to hire a suitable candidate to develop and ensure the execution of the channel strategy.
- Minimum Qualification:MBA / MSc
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:8 years
Strategy formulation and Execution
- Develop and execute the channel’s strategy in accordance with audience changes
- Develop a business case for channel proposals
- Develop schedules in alignment with channel strategy
- Ensure appropriate content for channels is secured timeously
- Oversee dubbing and subtitling processes of content selected for the channels
- Direct editorial activities for the channels in terms of scheduling and marketing
- Oversee monthly schedules which are produced based on research, demographics, market intelligence, available audiences, and any other relevant criteria
- Ensure channels perform within the parameters of the target market
- Ensure that airtime sales targets are met on a monthly basis
- Ensure regulatorily, company ethics, and channel requirements are met
- Manage the channel’s budget
- Management and development of staff
- Ensure that new media elements are incorporated into programming
- Align marketing plans with channel strategy
- Set and monitor team performance objectives
- Handle ad hoc information requests
- Drive delivery and program acceptance review of content as per business requirements
- Ensure metadata is loaded on systems correctly and timeously
- Ensure schedule lock and release deadlines are met as per SOP
- Ensure catch-up content is cleared and processed timeously
- Ensure electronic program guide deadlines are met
- Ensure on-air targets are met
- Ensure compliance with license conditions, and safeguard the M-Net reputation
- Ensure contractual compliance and interact with Content Acquisition on any issue
- Ensure all contracts are in place before production
- Ensure all content is in alignment with regulatory requirements
- Oversee activities of the team to ensure effective delivery of business unit objectives.
- Develop a high-performing team by embedding formal performance development and informal coaching.
- Encourage frequent knowledge sharing between team members.
- Determine and analyze development needs for the team and ensure that identified training requirements are budgeted for and executed.
- Interview and recruit new members of the team, including determining appropriate compensation levels with input from Human Capital.
- Create effective workforce and recruitment demand plans to ensure that current and future business requirements can be met.
- Review and update the department’s organizational structure and role description on at least an annual basis to ensure that they are fit for purpose and contain all the accountabilities of each team member.
- Approve leave requests for team members and create a leave plan to ensure adequate coverage.
- When required, initiate disciplinary processes for team members calling on support from Human Capital when required.
- Resolve grievances raised by team members and escalate only if required.
- Address poor performance of any team member through the formal
- Performance Improvement program and ensure that continued poor performance is appropriately dealt with.
- Motivate team members and ensure that their efforts are recognized.
- Minimum academic qualification of a post-graduate degree in Film and Television/ Marketing/Scriptwriting
- Minimum of 8 -10 years of experience as an executive producer, series producer, or commissioning content
- Extensive entertainment and broadcasting Industry knowledge and experience
- Experience in delivering successful big-reality international formats
- Experience delivering successful scripted content (Drama/Telenovelas/Soapies)
- Extensive understanding of audiences
- Deep knowledge of current and future content trends in multiple markets and platforms
- People management experience is essential
- Managing large production budgets
- Technical Competencies
- Financial Management
- Project Management
- Rights management(content)
- Editorial judgment
- Risk Management
- Audience knowledge
- Regulatory knowledge
- Behavioral Competencies
- Strategic Thinking
- Decision Making
- Holistic Thinking
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.