- Carry out repairs and corrective maintenance.
- Interpret and works from Technical plans and drawings.
- Proffer effective solutions to identified or reported problems.
- Troubleshoot and detect faults correctly and readily proffers the right solutions.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment during and after work.
- Identify correct PPE to use for different tasks, wear prescribed PPE at all times required and keep these in good condition.
- Know and follow processes for preventive maintenance of assigned equipment and carries this out with minimal supervision.
- Provide accurate time material and labour estimates and measurements for tasks arising.
- Able to identify and use the right tools appropriately. There should be no record of missing or destroyed tools due to negligence.
- Will be required to build or repair cabinets, doors, and other wooden fixtures using woodworking machines, carpenter’s hand tools and power tools.
- Carry out preventive maintenance of cabinets, doors, frameworks and other wooden fixtures.
- Finish surface of woodwork or wallboard using paint, hand tools and panelling.
- Draw appropriate sketches to communicate details to colleagues, supervisors and others. Follow all safety rules and procedures and assume the responsibility of ensuring others follow the same during work hours.
- Follow attendance policy as assigned by supervisor
- Follow all rules, regulations and policies of AMFacilities and follow all directives from superiors
- Perform other functions as may be assigned by the Administration and/or supervisor
SKILL SET AND PROFILE
- Comprehensive understanding of business operations and processes
- Good communication skills
- Focus on quality and service
- Knowledge of policies and procedures
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task and to work in a fast-paced changing environment.