- Participate in the preparation of specific procedures for Shipping, Customs, and packing of goods.
- Contribute to the preparation of technical inquiry package for Shipping and Customs services.
- Prepare the documents required for the execution of the Shipping and Customs activities, and required to fulfill import, export, and transit formalities in accordance with applicable Customs rules and regulations
- Monitor the status of each shipment from goods collection up to actual completion, gather and check all shipping documents duly signed and stamped to attest final receipt.
- Executes procurement plans to support business and operational needs based on requirements stated in the business plans and budgets of individual entities and departments.
- Makes useful recommendations for cost savings for more efficient and effective procurement and service delivery.
- Ensures the needs of requestors are proactively identified and met; takes appropriate actions by handling request orders, supporting tendering/bid management processes, contract negotiation, price management, service delivery, vendor management, and communication efforts with suppliers.
- Supports procurement contract negotiation efforts as may be required from time to time; with supervision, negotiates favorable basic vendor agreements.
- Works to effectively remove any obstacles to ensure optimal delivery of services to the highest standards thereby achieving high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Interprets contract provisions in processing procurement transactions...
- Organizes technical evaluation of bids and ensures Purchase Orders comply with appropriate specifications, conditions, and clauses.
- Issues Purchase Orders, BPA, and Fixed Pricing agreement for approval in line with process guidelines and specified approval limits.
- Work closely with suppliers and customers to improve operations and reduce costs.
- Carries out vendors’ performance appraisals with support.
- Maintains adequate vendor documentation and/or specification on sources of supply, costs, delivery, vendor performance ratings, and quality requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager/Supervisor.
Required Personal Specification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any Science & Engineering discipline or Economics & logistics. Minimum of Second Class Honors lower degree
- 3 - 5 years work experience, within a reputable and structured organization
- Previous experience in Oil and Gas or in the foreign operations desk of a reputable Nigerian bank
Preferred Personal Specifications:
- Possession of Procurement and Supply Chain Qualification will be an added advantage.
- Oil and Gas Industry experience for a Service company will also be an added advantage.
- Negotiation & Contract Management
- Intermediate Data Analysis skills
- Basic Accounting
- Project Management
- Creativity & Innovation
- Interpersonal Relations
- Good Communication Skill
- Good PC Skills (including MS Office)
- Reporting & Presentation
- Ability to work under pressure with little supervision.