The Business Operations Manager will play a key role in the smooth running of the business unit of a contract research organization (CRO) through process improvement, systems implementation, training, and communications.
- Minimum Qualification:MBA / MSc
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:10 years
- Establishes and provides operational expertise in regard to oversight of business operations and ensure successful roll-out of established KPIs.
- Proactively ensures company documents align to operational strategy and budget; business proposals response meets client's request and follows up with contributors and subject matter experts as needed.
- Works to coordinate multiple Functional Service Provider projects are moving according to timelines and quality standards.
- Establishing relationships with potential large CROs and Pharma partners require a collaborative approach that emphasizes the strengths of the company towards winning new business.
- Facilities the development of plans/guidelines for project implementation and works with the team to identify potential risks, develop contingency plans.
- Ensures Escalation pathways is adhered to internally and externally.
- Ensures project team compliance with Company policies and project-specific requirements.
- Works closely with Finance and Legal to manage all financial and contractual aspects of the project including establishing and recognizing financial milestones for invoice and subcontractor management.
- Leads and manages any contract modifications, as needed and provides operational expertise in regard to oversight of key client accounts and complex projects.
- Works with the project lead to monitor and analyze project status to ensure successful completion of project parameters, milestones, timetables.
- Develops and manages the Operational Plan for its implementation in the growth, partnerships, or systems integration, in alignment with the company goals and objectives.
- Ensures project teams have established appropriate controls to ensure that project resources and expenses are aligned with budgets, and teams are entering and updating internal tracking tools.
- Serve as the business primary contact between the clients, sponsors, and vendors at the account level and in regard to individual project initiatives that may span multiple contracts.
- Ensures clear delineation in responsibilities and communication pathways for project team members.
- Develops budgets, proposal materials, and bid defence content related to the federal and commercial contracts.
- Participates in meetings and negotiations with subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
- Prepares responses to requests for proposals (RFPs) and RFIs by drafting company services, offerings, processes, experience, and capabilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The Business Operations Manager reports to the Chief Executive Director.
- Master’s Degree or higher in Business, Health Sciences, Marketing or related field.
- 10 + years of business operations experience with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job functions.
- Experience with streamlining and implementing business systems, processes and/or operational excellence.
- Demonstration of project management skills or project management certification (e.g. PMP, PgMP, CAPM) including scope, budgeting, forecasting, timelines, resource management, and use of project management systems.
- Demonstrable experience managing across a range of cross-functional, global, external stakeholders.
- Demonstrable experience and track record of project management ideally within either a professional service or consulting firm.
- Excellent written and verbal/oral communication; Good command of MS Office Suite, particularly Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good knowledge of the English language and grammar.
- Self-starter with the ability to work autonomously and proactively in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent ability to manage multiple activities and priorities with excellent judgment and decision making skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Confidence in various working environments especially with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
- Willingness to travel as needed (approximately 10%) for conferences/events and to meet clients.