The Business Manager is accountable for the effective operation of the cinema, ensuring company objectives, policies, and procedures are implemented and administered. The business manager is responsible for the development of business strategies to maximise revenue and ensure that targets are achieved or exceeded. To also strengthen the company’s position as the cinema of choice by increasing market share, and improving guest service and staff engagement.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
- Responsible for interpreting and implementing a strategic cinema business plan.
- Manage the entire cinema team to deliver superior service to customers
- Develop and nurture internal and external relationships to help achieve business objectives
- Develop initiatives and search for viable opportunities for business and EBITDA growth
- Participate in the development and implement the budget for the assigned site
- Maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions, market share, and trends and prepare periodic reports on achievements.
- Operations- To implement, maintain and ensure adherence to Operations Standards, Company Policies, Procedures, and initiatives.
- To deliver excellent Guest service through well-trained and highly motivated teams.
- Ensure that Guest concerns are responded to appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Ensure all Guest feedback is reviewed and analyzed, and action plans are created where necessary
- To propose and prepare in conjunction with the film booking department, a performance schedule plan to meet business plan objectives.
- To drive daily retail profitability by maximizing RPH & minimizing shrinkage and wastage.
- Ensure relevant checks and balances are in place to ensure delivery of KPIs
- To proactively manage operational costs on a day-to-day basis through effective management of controllable costs, third-party contractors, and team members.
- Accountability for the whole employee life cycle of all employees. This includes managing the performance of all employees by cultivating a team spirit, effective coaching, and performance management.
- Manage cinema's marketing; maximizing audiences for films and other events, therefore, increasing admission numbers to increase the market share of Filmhouse cinemas and achieve financial growth
- Overall responsibility for the safety of employees and guests by complying with company standards,
- Health and Safety and Environment legislation and meeting all other statutory requirements.
- To manage and operate security systems and processes to prevent loss and to ensure the security of cash, assets, Guests, and employees at all times
- Revenue Assurance
- Responsible for all cash and cash assets at the assigned location
- Responsible for the disbursement and management of petty cash at the site.
- Responsible for cash evacuation/banking as directed. This includes cash preparation for bank pick-up/drop-off and sending reports to the site accountant for compilation
- Minimum academic qualification of a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field from an accredited university
- Minimum experience of 5 years in operations management at a supervisory level (retail experience preferred
- Job knowledge – In-depth knowledge about business development practices, marketing activities, prospective clients, and industry trends.
- Customer Relation Skills – Responds promptly to customer’s needs; meets commitments
- Negotiation & Networking Skills – Strong ability to convince clients and colleagues; help clients make a buying decision and increase patronage.
- Personal Credibility – Follows through on commitments and service promises; strictly maintains privacy and confidentiality; respects rights of all co-workers and customers and behave in an ethical manner in everyday situations.
- Planning and Organizational Skills – Ability to marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; multi-task and use resources effectively and efficiently.
- Communication Skills – Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Analytical skills - demonstrates the ability to picture, articulate, and solve multiple problems and concepts and make decisions that are reasonable and based on available information.
Remuneration: NGN 300,000 - 450,000
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.