- Translate business needs to technical specifications.
- Design, build and deploy BI solutions (e.g. SQL, SSAS, SSIS, Power BI).
- Maintain and support data analytics platforms (e.g. Microsoft Power BI, Tableau).
- Create data storage and data models (e.g. OLAP cubes).
- Conduct appropriate data capture, data cleaning and data governance.
- Conduct unit testing and troubleshooting
- Evaluate and improve existing BI systems.
- Collaborate with teams to integrate systems.
- Develop and execute database queries and conduct analyses.
- Create visualizations and reports for requested projects.
- Develop and update technical documentation.
- 2 or 3 years of proven experience as a BI Developer or Data Engineer.
- Industry experience in FSI, Public sector, FMCG, Telco or Health Services is preferred.
- Background in data warehouse design (e.g. dimensional modelling), data warehouse management and data mining.
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework.
- Familiarity with BI technologies (e.g. Microsoft Power BI).
- Knowledge of SQL queries, SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and Power BI Report Server (PBIRS).
- Additional Knowledge of Azure Data Factory, Azure Analysis Services and Azure Synapse Analytics is an added advantage.
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative.
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude.
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field.