Duties & Responsibilities
▪ Interpret data, analyse results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
▪ Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
▪ Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
▪ Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets ▪ Filter and "clean" data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
▪ Work with management to prioritize business and information needs. ▪ Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
▪ Provide quality assurance of imported data, working with quality assurance analyst if necessary.
▪ Supporting the data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements.
▪ Assessing tests and implementing new or upgraded software and assisting with strategic decisions on new systems.
▪ Generating reports from single or multiple systems.
▪ Troubleshooting the reporting database environment and reports. ▪ Evaluating changes and updates to source production systems. ▪ Training end users on new reports and dashboards.
▪ Providing technical expertise on data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing
▪ Work experience as a data analyst or in related field.
▪ Good knowledge of Python
▪ Experience with data analytics tools & frameworks including Panda, numpy and Scikit.
▪ Experience with dashboard creation tools such as Plotly
▪ Experience with third-party business intelligence tools including Power BI and Sisense
▪ Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages (Business Objects etc) and databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL)
▪ Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, lay terms
▪ High-level experience in methodologies and processes for managing large scale databases.
▪ Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
▪ Understanding of addressing and metadata standards.
▪ High-level written and verbal communication skills.
▪ Ability to analyse existing tools and databases and provide recommendations.
▪ Minimum of 2years experience in a similar role.
▪ First degree from a reputable university
▪ Great teamwork skill.
▪ Great interpersonal and communication skills.
▪ Excellent Multitasking Skill.
▪ Complex problem-solving Skill.
▪ Excellent time management skills.
▪ MCSA and similar certifications is a plus.