We are looking for an experienced and passionate individual to oversee end-to-end finance operations, financial planning, and analysis, and balance sheet reconciliations as well as liaise with both internal and external auditors. The candidate will drive continuous improvement of financial controls and operation processes and ensure full adherence to existing processes as well as implementation of new processes. The candidate would be involved in planning and forecasting as well as presentation of agreed decisions to stakeholders. The candidate will also be involved in the training and mentoring of junior team members.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
- Act as a change agent to spearhead innovative ideas that will improve finance processes and ensure efficiencies.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance and monitoring of the regulatory and fiscal environment; propose effective tax planning and always ensure compliance.
- Ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures and where necessary, develop policies and procedures to ensure absolute confidentiality over ALL personnel and financial information and data.
- Enhance finance processes and fully embrace finance technology for operations and reporting
- Coordinate the preparation for statutory audit and liaise with external and internal auditors.
- Prepare budget and forecasts (monitoring actual performance against budget).
- Oversee financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and petty cash.
- Oversee the preparation of timely financial statements and reports in line with IFRS and ensure quality control over financial transactions and reports.
- Oversee the payroll function to ensure timely, accurate preparation and payment of payroll, timely deduction, and remittances of statutory deductions (PAYE, pension and insurance, etc) to relevant authorities and institutions.
- Review of payments and approvals of journals.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant tax regulations and timely filing of returns including VAT, withholding tax, and Corporate tax amongst others.
- Be up to date with all relevant laws and regulations on Nigerian Taxation.
- Continuously improve processes, systems, and ways of working to drive overall efficiency in all areas.
- Provide ad-hoc support to HoF as required (i.e. special projects.
- Qualified chartered accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Minimum academic qualification of a Bachelor’s Degree with 5-10 years cognate experience in a similar role
- A Master's Degree in Accounting, Finance will be an added advantage
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel or Google sheets
- Intermediate knowledge of Google Workspace, Slack, etc, or Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs; Outlook, Word, Powerpoint
- Demonstrable evidence of interpreting & manipulating data clearly and accurately with the ability to extract & clearly articulate key points.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Experience with working with a robust ERP system.
- Solution Oriented - you always find solutions to challenges in a highly structured manner
- Thrive in ambiguity - you do not let uncertainty get in your way, you simply see it as an opportunity to roll up your sleeves and experiment thoughtfully and creatively all while monitoring the metrics that matter
- Accountable - you operate with a high level of accountability.
- Mentor - you have the ability to manage or lead others and develop exceptional talent.
- Competitive salary
- Large-scale impact
- A high-performance, high-energy work environment
- An amazing opportunity to work with a diverse and talented global team
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.