- Co-creating the agency’s new business strategy for the fiscal year and presenting this to the senior leadership team for approval.
- Translating agency objectives and targets into annual plans with the agency department leads; identifying particular sectors, types of work and a plan for targeting this desired client list.
- Representing the agency as the first point of contact for prospective clients; understanding their needs and objectives and presenting this to the leadership team.
- Managing and completing detailed prospective Requests for Information (RFIs) and Requests for Procurement (RFP).
- Supporting the refinement and roll-out of the agency's new business development process. Managing the new lead capture process qualifying and prioritising opportunities.
- Tracking the agency wins and losses and reviewing performance; conversion rate and costs.
- Using an innovative approach to data analytics, to target (possibly existing) new clients with highly personalised solutions and messages, improving response and conversion rates substantially and dramatically improving ROI.
- Analysing and managing the new business budgets and financial information to make informed commercial decisions.
- Engaging the agency with the annual plan to ensure their commitment and supporting teams as pitches arrive throughout the year.
- Leading and owning the business development plan and agreed levels of income generation.
- Developing and maintaining current knowledge of marketing, technology and media landscape and competitive activity.
- Presenting the agency’s USP and positioning the agency to maximum effect.
- Influencing prospective client engagement.
- May be required to shape, manage and train in the new business process as the agency enters into a pitch situation.
- Establishing the fee for a pitch with the Finance Head possibly in partnership with the commercial production team and the senior leadership team.
- Identifying event opportunities to target prospective clients, possibly in conjunction with the agency marketing team.
- Ensuring that there is no conflict of interest in working with a potential client.
- Possibly partnering with the marketing team to create, develop and manage client events.
- Involved in recruitment and selection decisions.
- Focused on the personal and professional development of their team.
Required Skills & Competencies
Significantly experienced in business development and income generation management. They understand the agency’s financial model and can make appropriate commercial decisions such as whether to accept a client’s terms.
- Are well versed in the agency’s products and services and can present these to prospective clients.
- Confident in assessing a client brief to determine a match between the client objectives and the agency’s capability to deliver on the brief.
- Confident in knowing when to make an informed decision to say no to a client brief.
- Knowledgeable about the agency’s competitors and their market position.
- Skilled at relationship management; identifying prospects, responding to prospects and supporting the team to convert prospects into clients.
- Good strategic thinkers, with the ability to undertake strategic planning.
- Strong influencing ability and gravitas for internal and external engagement.
- Skilled at establishing and building an empathetic and commercial relationship.
- Highly collaborative as they are required to work across the agency.
Academic Qualification & Experience
Many entrants into New Business may have a degree. The following subjects may be helpful but not essential
- Business Administration
- They may be a highly experienced commercial manager with a track record of successful client relationship management within an Ad Agency
- A background in consultancy may also be a benefit with experience of developing successful strategies to secure growth.
- They may have started out with a career in sales, or maybe in Account Management, Client Services, Brand Management or Marketing Communications in an agency or multinational and have developed to the level of Director.
Salary: NGN 500k - NGN750k