A Leading Cosmetics, Beauty and Wellness Brand in Nigerian is recruiting for the post of Business Development Officer. The candidate must be smart, ability to multi-task and be able to work in a fast-paced environment. A Business Development Officer is responsible for helping the organization obtain better brand recognition and financial growth. Coordinate with company executives and sales & marketing team to review current market trends in order to propose new business ideas that can improve revenue margins.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:5 years
The requirements of this key result area will include but are not limited to-
- Research and establish relationships with potential clients.
- Identify emerging markets for the company’s products
- Identify potential clients and possibly set up meetings between client & company’s principals/representatives.
- Attend industry functions, conferences & events and provide feedback on market & other innovative trends.
- Regularly conduct a SWOT analysis on the company and her competitors, using information gathered to identify & develop the company’s unique selling points (USP) & differentiators
- Utilize every opportunity to upsell and/or link sell products in addition to or to complement customers’ initial purchase.
- Ensure continuous development in the area of product knowledge so as to be able to correctly sell products to customers.
- Screen potential business deals by analyzing market strategies and other requirements.
- Examine risk factors & potentials for business growth with every corporate business opportunity.
- Suggest & plan events and on-counter activities to ensure the company’s business plan is achieved
- Work with sales team to develop approaches that speak to clients’ needs & concerns.
- Implement Customer Service Standards and ensure they adhered today
- Ensure business and sales records are updated regularly
- Understand sales targets enough to forecast and ensure the monthly targets are met and surpassed.
- Review sales and business performance with senior management and device plans for improvements
- Ensure all business-related information is kept confidential
- Handle other tasks that may be assigned from time to time.
- Proven working experience as a business development officer, sales executive or a relevant role
- Proven sales track record
- Experience in customer support is a must
- Proficiency in MS Office and Excel
- Proficiency in English
- Market knowledge
- Communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to build rapport
- Time management and planning skills
- BSc/BA in business administration, sales or relevant field
- Minimum of 5 years experience