• Research and identify new business opportunities – including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products and services – or new ways of reaching existing markets
• Work strategically – carrying out necessary planning in order to implement operational changes
• Promote the company’s products/services addressing or predicting clients’ objectives
• Prepare sales contracts ensuring adherence to law-established rules and guidelines
• Keep records of sales, revenue, invoices etc.
• Generate leads and cold call prospective customer
• Build long-term relationships with new and existing customers
• Think strategically – seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives in order to develop and improve the business
• Foster and develop relationships with customers/clients
• Understand the needs of your customers and be able to respond effectively with a plan of how to meet their needs.
• BSc/BA in business administration, marketing, or relevant field
• Proven sales track record
• At least 2 years work experience as a business development officer
• Proficiency in MS Office and CRM software (e.g., Hubspot, Salesforce etc.)
• Digital marketing skills
• Time management and planning skills
• Good inter-personal skills
Your salary as a business development officer will be in the range of #70,000 to #90,000 monthly.