- Lead and develop sales in Nigeria in alignment with the Sales Manager and Company’s strategy, this position reports to the Sales Manager.
- Develop a strategy for turnkey projects based on Cummins gas generator sets, including but not be limited to Cogeneration for Industrial, commercial and industrial projects Prime power for island mode.
- Develop customers and projects including securing orders for hand over to project department for implementation, assist with the development of implementation and support strategy including identifying, suitable sub-contractors, etc.
- Manage customer relationships
- Maintain links with major clients and national accounts to maximize prospects.
- Prepare timely and professional sales presentation material
- Plan and prioritize resources and sales activity to meet Sales Plan
Key Skill Sets
- Time management
- Manpower management and leadership skills
- Financial prudence
- Very good operational and organizational skills.
- Communicate on all levels – interpersonal skills
- Alongside this technical aptitude, it is essential that the successful individual possess commercial, business development experience. The ability to sell a complete solution including the integration of services is of utmost importance.
- Due to the nature of the BDM role, a hands-on approach and willingness to travel within Nigeria is essential.
- Cummins Power Generation Nigeria Ltd. takes pride in all our products and needs your drive and enthusiasm to help ‘unleash the power of the organization’.
- Minimum qualifications include a relevant degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering or similar from an internationally recognized university.
- B.E / B.Tech Mechanical/ Electrical with 2 to 4 years of experience
- Strong technical knowledge in Power Sector.
- Must possess demonstrable and measurable success in a similar role in a large or medium-sized company ideally within Nigeria or within a similar challenging environment. Knowledge and training
- MBA or master desirable
- Strong Financial awareness required.
- Computer proficiency is essential Key Attributes of CPGNL The appointee will be able to demonstrate examples that underpin the CPGNL Values & Behaviors: -
- Honesty & Integrity – an ability to maintain the strictness of confidence, is open, honest, and consistent, and has effective listening skills
- Flexibility and adaptability – ability to work under pressure and in a challenging environment
- Team Success – demonstrated ability as a team player, build and maintain relationships
- Proactive and result oriented – very key skill to organization
- To be innovative - demonstrated ability to think outside the box
- No compromise on quality – ensure high-quality standards are maintained
- Management reporting – demonstrated understanding of prompt reporting to management on, projection, cost management initiatives, and business developments
- Promoting the companies vision, mission and core values Leadership skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization and show strong leadership skills.
- Must be able to manage a large workforce and understand how to get the best out of people in a challenging environment.
Salary Range: NGN 500,000 - 900,000