The primary job of the Business Development Officer/Manager is to drive sales of the Company’s solutions and services within assigned vertical(s). Ensure consistent, profitable growth in sales revenues through positive planning, strategy and execution, deployment and management of relevant Sales Personnel. Identify/generate and execute initiatives, strategies and action plans to improve short and long-term sales revenue and profitability through excellent customer relationship management.
The essential responsibilities of the Business Development Manager are to be abreast of the Company’s solutions and services, channel networks, technology trends, understand the evolving market trends and changing customer needs with the aim of working hard and smart and manage relevant team(s) effectively to capture sales opportunities while collaborating with other units in the Company towards successful closure of deals and achievement of set revenue and profitability targets.
This entails carrying out all the processes of sales management, complex solutions sales of prospecting, probing, qualifying, validating, proposing/ presentation/ quoting/objection handling, negotiating, closing deals and chasing receivables as well as following up on after sales support and continuous customer satisfaction.
The specific responsibilities of the BDM include but are not limited to the following:
· Consistently achieve assigned revenue and profitability targets.
· Responsible for managing and developing a business plan covering sales, revenue, and expense controls, meeting agreed targets, and promoting the organization’s presence, brand and solutions throughout Nigeria and any other markets as may be assigned.
· Responsible for obtaining profitable results through the sales team by developing the team through motivation, counselling, skills development and product knowledge development.
· Accurately forecasts annual, quarterly and monthly revenue streams, develops specific plans to adapt to constant shifts in the marketplace and ensure revenue growth in all company’s products and coordinate proper company resources to ensure efficient and stable sales results.
· Initiate, build and maintain relationships with influencers, decision makers and high net-worth customers for the purpose of delivering on our organizational goals.
· Performs sales activities on major or other accounts and negotiate sales prices and discounts in consultation with your Manager.
· Forming sales strategies to keep the Company competitive and innovative.
· Collaborates with your manager to develop sales strategies to improve market share in all product lines, interpret short- and long-term effects of sales strategies on operating profit.
· Responsible for monitoring the performance of the sales team by establishing a system of reports and communications involving sales reports and cyclical sales meetings, provide quarterly results assessments of sales staff’s productivity.
· Assists sales personnel in establishing personal contact and rapport with top echelon decision-makers and in progressing and closing deals.
· Educate sales team by establishing programs/seminars in the areas of new account sales and growth, sales of emerging products and multi-product sales, profitability, improved presentation strategies, competitive strategies, giving practical /field examples and good level of sales support, management of expenses and business/financial issues on contracts.
· Manage the sales administration function, operational performance reporting, streamlining processes and systems wherever possible, and advising senior management on maximizing business relationships and creating an environment where customer service can flourish.
· Assist in the development of the annual sales plan, specifically advising on: realistic forecasts for each product and territory (based on historical data, market trends, competitive activity, promotional strategy and sales effort), realistic costs of operating the sales force; and sales promotion programme plans.
· Responsible (in collaboration with relevant colleagues) for the planning, recruitment, direction, organisation and control of sales reps to accomplish specific objectives.
· Working with marketing, initiate, plan and execute demand generation and marketing events and monitor ROI for such.
· Ensure regular /routine sales reports to Management as agreed.
· Provide relevant feedback to manager
Requirements and Qualifications:
Education and Training:
A minimum of a B.Sc./HND Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or any related field.
Possession of relevant IT certifications is also an added advantage.
A minimum of 5 years related experience in the IT sector.
Must possess 4 years proven record of accomplishment selling Enterprise Security, Cloud, Infrastructure & Mobility Solutions
· Excellent sales and negotiation skills.
· Account management skills.
· Excellent communication and people skills.
· Strong Presentation skills.
· Report and proposal writing skills.
· Strategic planning and organizational skills.
· Customer profiling and complex solutions selling skills.
· Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
· Ability to build and maintain strong and meaningful relationships across all level of stakeholders in an account.
Other Mandatory Requirements:
- Must be IT savvy and abreast of technological updates.
- Must possess good relationships with stakeholder across many sectors.
- Must be target oriented with a record of achieving set targets.
- Highly intelligent and can work under pressure with little supervision.
- Adaptability to a proactive and flexible approach to work and be comfortable with a dynamic environment with constantly changing priorities.