The Business Development Manager is responsible for securing new revenue as well as seeking out new clients.
The role is expected to have a focus on hunting new business. The role ensures an excellent client experience at all times and works in collaboration with the account teams to ensure smooth transition of accounts into the business.
- Formulates marketing strategies in conjunction with CEO, with responsibility to implement.
- Identifies and generates prospects through marketing strategies that focus on potential customers in target markets.
- Consistently tracks the development of marketing strategies and their performance in order to achieve organizational goals and objectives.
- Develops and manages marketing and advertising content for all channels.
- Tracks industry market intelligence with respect to market development, projects, competitive activity, customers, etc.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique value proposition.
- Generate qualified leads via pre-existing relationships, cold calls, face to face meetings, property/office visits, and other means as appropriate
- Represent company at networking events/meetings to promote the company’s products and services.
- Develops and presents relevant business proposals. Penetrate specific markets within established timeframes
- Develops and maintains relationships with clients.
- Develop sales forecasts with probability percentages and pipeline status updates
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Develop proposals that speak to client s needs, concerns, and objectives while maintaining company profitability.
- Assess wins and losses to impact future selling strategies
- Manage the on time and on budget delivery for project sold.
- Maintaining a strong network and maintaining ongoing client relationships after project start-up
- Excellent targeting and prospecting skills within the construction industry
- Minimum of 5 – 7 years’ experience, of which candidate have served as a Business Development Manager for 3 -5 years
- N.D or B.sc in Marketing.
- Construction industry experience an advantage
- Proven ability to establish profitable relationships with decision makers at companies and organizations.
- Outstanding presentation and relationship building skills.
- Ability to travel as needed.