Some of the major tasks of the Business development executive are Identifying and qualifying business opportunities:
- Understanding the needs of the customer and providing services as per his need or requirements,
- Collaborating with management on sales goals,
- Building strategies for increasing the sales of the company and
- Creating and maintaining a list/database of prospective clients.
- A good Business development executive must own some computer skills along with managerial skills so that it can utilize them for the benefits of the organization.
- Apart from targeting new customers, he also analyses the needs of old clients and provides solutions to them.