Functions and Responsibilities:
- To develop a long-term source of clients by using referrals, occupational, and special-interest groups to compile lists of prospects.
- Approach potential clients by utilizing mailings and phone solicitation; making presentations to groups at company-sponsored gatherings; speaking publicly to community groups on financial well-being.
- Determine clients' particular needs and financial situations by scheduling fact-finding appointments; determining the extent of present coverage and investments; ascertaining long-term goals.
- Develop a coordinated protection plan by calculating and quoting rates for immediate coverage action and long-term implementation.
- Obtain underwriting approval by completing the application for coverage.
- Complete coverage by delivering policy; planning future follow-up visits and evaluations of needs.
- Provide continuing service by providing annual reviews; processing changes in beneficiary and policy loan applications.
- Provide death benefits by delivering policy proceeds to beneficiaries.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; agency meetings and review sessions; maintaining personal networks; participating in seminars, workshops and training.
- Enhance agency reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.